cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Spring Nav to TeleNav.

Journeyman

Theres a recent update for Spring Nav. Has anyone dl it? Is it any good? Is the interface the same? Should i keep the old one? I like the one i have, but i would like it to be faster than it is right now, since i can use the Maps App on it and get a better and much faster nav from google nav. i just hate the annoying Nav person though, sounds like a robot, probably why i want to stick with Sprint Nav.

thanks,

frank s.

21 REPLIES 21
Master

I haven't noticed any differences really.  I use Google nav sometimes and other times I use Sprint Nav/TeleNav.  I am guessing there is a smaller percentage chance of odd errors occurring with using the non branded app and it may be cheaper for Sprint so they can be the leader with savings for our customers - first with Simply Everything and first with Unlimited Mobile to Mobile -

Hope this helps,

Larry

Sprint Advanced Tech Support

Did this help? If so please rate this post and mark your post as answered so others can refer to it quickly for solutions

Journeyman

Re: Upgrading Spring Nav to TeleNav.

I have downloaded it (was prompted to download when I launched Sprint nav). The download is not from the android store, so you have to enable loading non-market apps on the EVO.

The interface is different. It launches quickly but that is because it now is preloaded into memory when the phone starts up. In other words, the app runs in the background. It doesn't seem to be causing any performance issues when it is in the background though, and when it is in the background, it doesn't seem to impact battery life much.

(Among other changes, Upon choosing a destination, a selection of alternate routes are given)

Journeyman

Are both free?

Master

Yes, Both are free, Upgrading from Sprint Nav to Telenav is basically the same app just renamed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I tried it, and it does not even work on my phone. I am currently trying to get Sprint Nav back on my phone as I am typing this. I loved the old app and only upgraded because I kept getting the propt to, now I have no navigation.

Wizard

Do you have the Evo as well? The only way you can get the Sprint Nav back that I've seen is to hard reset your phone.  You can re-download the TeleNav app (which again, is the same thing) from TeleNav's website.  Here's the direct link:

http://ota.telenav.com/ota/sn

Journeyman

I have the EVO 4G and just upgraded To TeleNav, DON'T DO IT !!

TeleNave, is much worse, can't find addresses that the old NAV did, the voice recognition sucks, again the old app worked with Google maps and passed the address to NAV. Now I type everything in (can't use driving ), going back words, worse it it asks for premium 4.99$ a month when it doesn't work ?!?

Anyone know how to get the Old App BACK! PLEASE?!

Master

sprint Navigation and telenav are the same software from the   same Provider Telenav  Sprint navigation is an overlay on the telenave program to brand to Sprint a choice was made to just use the Telenav program with out the overlay.

Journeyman

All I can say is the Nav App on my phone used to work with Google maps.

Now "often" the new TeleNav app can't get the address sent from google maps OR  suggest another address in another state????

Trying to respeak the destination into the Nav App gives disastrous results.

Google Maps Gets the spoken address "most" every time, then shows me the address and position on the map, click Nav button,

then the sprint app fails to get address and fails to recognise the spoke address that google map got and showed me on  the map.

Worked before, why does the upgrade have this problem??????????????????????

Please Fix!

And/Or how do I use/connect a different nav app to google maps???

Journeyman

I hated the upgrade. I liked sprint Nav much better

Journeyman

I agree. I can't get the telenav to work at all. I just use google navigation now.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat