cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Spring Nav to TeleNav.

Master

Google Maps is different than Google Navigation.  Maps are just maps, but the navigation is an actual navigation application.  I agree that Google Navigation works great on an Android.  Not sure which type of phone we're discussing here.  Also, Sprint Navigation was always Telenav.  When it use to open, it would say, "powered by Telenav" in the corner.  Any changes to the functionality would be coming from Telenav.  Sprint decided to take our name off of navigation to eliminate confusion the two different apps created, not too mention cost savings as well; I'm sure.  Google Navigaton has a "blue compass arrow" for an icon. 

Tom

Journeyman

I have the Epic 4G and after the upgrade to the Gingerbread OS The Telenav software changed dramatically. I hate it. You used to could change your route style while in route. Not Anymore. 90 percent of the time it can't calculate total distance or Time of Arrival. It was much better before.

Journeyman

After upgrading my Samsung Moment to Android 2.1 and updating Sprint Nav to TeleNav, the TeleNav GPS is worthless.  It almost always has my location incorrect, sometimes by more than a mile.  It constantly loses signal as well.

The Navigation of Google Maps works somewhat better.  It usually gets my location right, although not quite as accurately as the version of Sprint Nav that was originally on my phone.  Google Maps also loses signal frequently, but not nearly as badly as TeleNav.

TeleNav is worthless.

Journeyman

Re: Upgrading Spring Nav to TeleNav.

I don't know what app everyone else on here is using. I have the HTC Evo 4g and I love the telenav navigation app, The recent update is so much better than the stock app that comes on the phone, bolder colors; easier to understand directions etc....I love it.

Journeyman

Mine didn't work either, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled the original version and it works just fine again.  Seems to me that enough people have complained and have had issues, so they should fix it.

Journeyman

It is difficult to believe this software was released ... it does not appear to be a serious app.  Running in parallel with Google Maps Nav, TeleNav is in failure mode constantly.  it can't get a GPS lock when Google Maps is doing just fine.  When it does occasionally decide to check with the GPS signal for a location, it then constantly goes into 'Recalculating' ... over and over.  This is a joke.  Bloatware.  Probably a beta release, just put out here to see whether people can tolerate mediocrity. 

Journeyman

I have a Samsung Epic and I LOVED the old Sprint Nav.  I upgraded to Telenav a few weeks ago and I didn't realize it would be a huge change. The new app SUCKS.  It finds addresses ok for me, but it takes a long time to "catch up" and I'll be 3 streets in front of where it shows I am on the map. So I miss my turn about 75% of the time. And half the time, I can't get the map to load. I want the old app back but I don't want to do a hard reset.

Journeyman

Why aren't you offering any help? the telenav app is horrible, it does not find your location and it does not update in time. I have had the same problems that most folks on here have, it tells you to turn at johnson st. about three or four steps too late. Seriously Sprint needs to address this.

Journeyman

Hi Tom - My name is Kenji and I work for Telenav. I'd love to help! Can you please shoot me an email please? kenjio at telenav.com.

In your email, could please provide me with the following information:

• What phone you have
  • Your phone's OS (I assume Android?)
  • Version # of Telenav
  • And a list of the problems you're seeing?

All this information will help me better understand what's going on and how we can go about trying to fix it. Thanks, Tom!

Best,

Kenji Onozawa

Telenav

Journeyman

I posted the issue, the problem is that telenav does not always find your location and it is behind with directions. For example, I am trying to find a nearby grocery store, the directions and speech do not update until after I have passed two or three steps. Once the information updates I then have to turn around to find the store. This is really Frustrating.

I have an EVO Shift with Andriod 2.3. Telenav 6.2.6201425

Thanks

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat