cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Friend Stream on your HTC EVO 4G

Highlighted
Journeyman

Use Friend Stream on your HTC EVO 4G

My Friend Stream keeps foreclosing. What can I do. It wont update. just keeps foreclosing?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same exact problem...have you or anyone solved this yet??

Highlighted
Journeyman

add it to your home screen thats what i did and it works fine.IMG000003.jpg

Highlighted
Journeyman

friendstream is terrible anyway

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've noticed linking to FB and all that jazz uses some serious data.  My girlfriend has hundreds of friends on her FB and friendstream was eating data like no tomorrow.  I am a heavy data user when I use my phone and she is less than light on data and she was using twice even thrice the data I was using.  Once she took the friendstream widget off her screen and disabled synch with FB and such.  Her data usage fell to a trickle.

In reality she used maybe 200 MB of data through her own usage. Downloading an app or game.  She doesn't browse the net or anything like that and doesn't use tikl or qik or any other data hungry apps...but her usage for the month was 7gb.

Highlighted
Journeyman

well that took alot of research and then alot of trial and error based on the small info I gathered from these forums, but I was having that problem too... First go to each individual app (facebook, twitter, peep, flickr, etc...) and logout using the settings menu. You will not be able to do this via Friendstream is the problem is like mine as it will force close on you. Then restart your EVO (just a precaution that data was effectively logged out) then enter settings, applications and manage applications - enter each app here including friendstream, twitter, facebook & facebook for HTC, peep and any additional apps you may have that use these log in  or sync these accounts and delete your cache and delete data from all these apps. DO NOT WORRY!  there are no real important settings here that won't sync when you relog in to your facebook, twitter, etc.  Then restart your phone (again a precaution to make sure the data is clear and out of the way.) Now ONE LAST THING - under your full applications menu go to the "Setup" icon of the little magic hat and skip through this process, each page has a skip option and should be all set up on your phone anyway so skip skip skip - what you are looking for is after your email menu where it sets up your facebook and twitter accounts. If there are any green checkmarks click these and say yes to log out of these applications. Now restart your friendstream and it should tell you that you are not logged into any of your social networks. Tap the screen and relog into your twitter, facebook, flickr and if you are as lucky as I was - a few seconds later your are all back life.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Excellent. That worked like a charm. Thank you!

Highlighted
Journeyman

That work perfectly!!!! nice work 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks garettp0ny it definately worked...thanks alot

Highlighted
Journeyman

worked perfectly. thank you!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat