cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using PDAnet

Journeyman

Using PDAnet

I have an EVO 4G and I was using PDAnet to tether the internet to my laptop, when I realized my trial was up after 14 days. I was reading somewhere that you could use the bluetooth feature as opposed to actually connected the phone up to the computer with the USB-cable and the computer would not need to have PDAnet downloaded onto it for it to work. My question is if PDAnet isn't downloaded on my laptop will PDAnet know I didn't buy it and will it work? Because PDAnet only expired on my laptop.. As an app I don't think it expires.. And if I can hook it up via BLUETOOTH do I need to download something to my laptop to make it bluetooth compatible because I can't seem to do it manually searching for a device.

Thank you,

Cynthia

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Using PDAnet

Using PDANet or any other means to tether your phone to a PC is against the contract, In order to use your phone to tether Sprint requires you to purchase the Sprint Mobile HotSpot add on for $29.99 p/m or you can add/remove it from your account page and only be charged for days activated at about $1p/d.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Using PDAnet

I'd suggest contacting the developer of the app for app support.  Sprint does not support third party apps.

And Levi is right -- using tethering without paying for it can result in fees, penalties or account termination.

Thanks,

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

Using PDAnet

Interesting, since it was an employee at Sprint store who recommended I try it.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat