cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using my cell phone to respond to automated phone systems

Highlighted
Journeyman

This may be simple but I have been frustrated.  When I call someone like Sprint, Comcast etc. and they want me to punch #3 I don't know what to do.  I can call up the phone pad but when I hit 3 nothing happens.  I suspect there is a way to send the 3 but I do not know what it is.

Any help out there?

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Wizard

This sounds like a DTMF (Dual-Tone-Multi-Frequency) issue.  When you press one of the keys, it sends a signal over the line to inform the system which selection you would like.  There aren't any settings on the EVO to turn DTMF on or off.  I have seen a few issues with Bluetooth headsets causing some issues.  Do you or have you had a Bluetooth device connected to it?  If so, try going in and erasing any Bluetooth profiles or connections you have (menu>settings>wireless and networks>Bluetooth settings) then reboot your phone and try again.  Regardless, if you haven't pulled the battery out of the phone, do so and try using it again.  If you've recently installed any applications, try removing them.  If none of these steps help, you may need to either visit a service and repair center or complete a factory reset. 

Let me know if any of this does the trick.

Thanks

David

GrandMaster

if you put it on speaker phone and hit the 3 do you hear a audible sound and or vibration or no?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat