cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vibrate seems to have stopped working

Journeyman

Vibrate seems to have stopped working

I just noticed that as texts come in, there is no vibrate anymore.

I've checked the settings in the text app, and there are two places for me to select vibrate.  Both are selected.

I've unchecked and checked both, then rebooted.  No change.

I also removed the battery, and replaced and rebooted.  No change.

When I bring my volume all the way down to vibrate, it doesn't vibrate anymore.

I'd look up how long I've had my phone but the regular Sprint site seems to be timing out on me (no problem on this page tho).

21 REPLIES 21
Journeyman

Re: Vibrate seems to have stopped working

I am having the same issue.

SBRINING1, thanks for your post, have you had a chance to have your device diagnosed by a service center?

Journeyman

Not yet.  I just noticed this.  So I can't say exactly when it stopped.  My guess is today.  I want to say I remember setting it to vibrate yesterday and nothing seemed amiss.

It may be tomorrow before I get a chance to get to a service center though.

But I wanted to at least bring it up ASAP.

Tazz5150, did yours seem to do this recently?

Ok, you can locate the nearest service center by going to http://storelocator.sprint.com/locator/. When you take the phone in they will diagnose it for repair or replacement. This will be free to you if you have TEP, without it you are looking at a $35 fee. They should be able to assist you as long as there is no physical or liquid damage to the device.

Journeyman

Thanks.  No damage.  I baby the heck out of my phone.

I guess my hope here was seeing if anyone else experienced this, and what the issue may be...?

Thank you...

Master

Download sound manager from the Market Place.

Open the program once its done installing, hit menu and go to the vibrate settings.

Under "Notifications" hit "vibrate whenever possible" (should be the first check box in the second section of that menu.

After doing this you can then uninstall the program, For some reason the Evo loses vibration and this will fix it.

Journeyman

I downloaded the Sound Manager.  (actually, there was a Sound Manager V2 available, which the Sound Manager recommended, so I downloaded that one)...

Anyway, opened it up.  It had already defaulted to "Vibrate whenever possible".  So, selected one of the other options... rebooted.

Then I selected "Vibrate whenever possible" and then rebooted again.

And, still no vibrate.

Master

That's odd as that has always fixed it before, Must be something else causing the issue on yours. You might want to try backing up everything and doing a factory reset and see i that fixes it. That is most likely the first step a repair center would do anyways.
You can use "My BackUp" from the market, The free version will work.

Journeyman

I'll try that.

I just wanted to try any other steps first before going for the factory reset.

(sigh) LOL

Thanks again

GrandMaster

the evo gets hiccups here and there. i have the same issue from time to time. wont vibrate when i click something...then later on it will...then it wont...at times its worse than a finicky kid lol.

pull the battery for at least 2 minutes..power it back on and it should work for a while again...helps if you cuss at it and give it the evil eye..well it doesnt help..but at least it will make you feel better for a moment

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

So, this may be a dumb question, but, it is then rather unlikely that whatever mechanism that actually vibrates is bad?  Is there some "motor" or something in there?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat