cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WORST PHONE EVER. DO NOT BUY.

Journeyman

WORST PHONE EVER. DO NOT BUY.

I got my EVO from sprint 4 days ago.  This is hands down, the worst phone I ever owned.  This thing with in 4 hours, Started to reboot on its own. The phone sits on the table and reboots in a loop over and over and over. I took the phone to the store, I was informed that they have never seen this before. Really? The net is full of reports of rebooting EVO phones.  THe sad part is I wated 2 months for this phone.  The EVO is currently sitting on my table rebooting. The count now is way over 50.  There is no way to stop it. You cant touch any button, It reboots.  Take the batt out?  That only delays the rebooting.  This phone is stuck in a loop.

I tried the GPS CLR fix. No dice.  THe sprint people say the phone rebooting in a loop and said "Send it back for repair, It takes 6 to 8 weeks" .  I asked for a replacement, They said 'If we had replacement phones, We would have to stock 10,000 of them".  This is NOT GOOD!.

So far... I am screwed. The old phone is gone.  I have tried everything on the net.  Nothing works..  F U sprint.  10 Years of ONTIME PAYMENTS!!!!!!!!!  You leave me with NO OPTION other then to ditch you.  YOU OFFER NO REPLACEMENT AND 8 WEEKS WAIT time.

DO NOT under any circumstances by this phone.   I used a Sprint Palm since 2006 with little to no trouble!   Trying to run a damn biz here with a sprint phone is a sure fire way to FAIL!!!!

Tags (2)
22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: WORST PHONE EVER. DO NOT BUY.

Clearly you are frustrated and angry by the fact that your evo happened to be defective, this doesn't make the evo in general the "worst phone ever". For those of us that have a good batch, we say/think otherwise.

Journeyman

The endless loop sounds as if a system file is corrupted (it happens to all devices occasionally). Here is what I would do to fix this:   Turn the power off. If your HTC EVO 4G is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it Hold the Volume Down button Press and release the Power button You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button Press and release the Power button Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO If you selected YES, all data including third-party applications will be deleted from the HTC EVO 4G. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.  If this doesn’t fix it, the problem resides in the hardware and you will have to replace it, but I would try this first.

Journeyman

Great replies to this post.  I cannot for the life of me, however, understand your blame on the entire phone.  You bought a defective phone that is in short supply.  I have two phones and worry that if I break one how long the replacement will take.    You even mentioned you had to wait two months to get it knowing that if you got a bad one that there would most likely be a wait to get a 2nd.

A quick search online for palm phones shows tons of posts as well for this very type of issue with Palm phones as well.  The difference is that you got a bad Evo and not a bad Palm.  You took your chances both times and got unlucky this time.

Try the solutions posted and in the event they do not fix your issue then get yourself a super cheap sprint phone from Ebay and transfer the service to it while you are waiting for your returned phone.  I saw one for $11 bucks with only 3 hrs left or so in a quick search while writing this.

As for having 10,000 phones in stock for replacements... This isn't a high number given the actual # of sales of this phone and I would think would be in line for any phone with such high sales numbers.  The issue isn't the number, it's the high demand and low supply... blame HTC for and it's suppliers for that, not Sprint.

I hope trying the above posts solves your problem.

Journeyman

The EVO is seriously flawed.  DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE.  It is FULL of software bugs.  The phone reboots in a loop if in doors. If you go outside, It will stop rebooting but then just randomly reboots.  The battery life is the worst on any phone I have ever had.  From full charge to half way in 2 hours sitting on the table not being used!  Sprint is a horrible company that will NOT back you if you get a phone like this.  They refuse to help me in any way.

I have not tried the wipe the phone. Will I loose my contact list?

C

Journeyman

Yes, you will lose any user data on the phone.  The Evo is a great phone I have two and have little or no issues with them and I do more with mine than most.  I'm careful about what I install but that doesn't keep me from installing lots of things.  I'm not sure how your phone knows the difference between indoors and outdoors... neat trick I'd say.

Journeyman

Your contacts are stored in the Google cloud and upon rebooting after the wipe, the contacts will again be available (after you log on to Goggle through your email account). All purchased software from the market will also be available again with no additional purchase.

Journeyman

Your contacts are only stored on google if you choose to.  My Evo asks me upon contact creation if I want it on google and I usually say no since I don't want to mix my contacts for personal reasons.

Journeyman

Honestly, I have had my EVO for almost 3 months now and, though it has a few minor flaws like any phone does, it is the best phone I have owned to date.  It does what I want when I want.  It has rebooted itself once since I have had it.  That is far fewer  than the number of issues I had on my Blackberry Curve by far.

Journeyman

What's the problem here? I'm on my third EVO and I'm nowhere near as upset as you seem to be. I may be just a chick-geek, but when I ordered my EVO I knew enough to get a second battery. And as to the instability of the device, yeah, that's unfortunate but there are work-arounds until they get everything smoothed out. The EVO is a quantum leap forward in handsets. Look at everything you have in the palm of your hand and how much you can do with it. I'm pretty amazed, and I've been around high-tech since it wasn't so high - analogue computers anyone...? Of course the OS/SW is gonna have problems - Microsoft STILL hasn't got Windows figured out. And Toyota is having their problems as well. I wlll grant you that Sprint can be a challenge to work with, but if you read some of the hate directed at the poor CSR, who is like the waitress delivering a bad steak to your table - it's none of her doing. And true, I've come across one or two that were as bright as a bag of hammers, but I've also come across some who could out support Advanced Tech Support. And you know... we all have bad days.       So lighten up, enjoy living on the bleeding edge of handset technology, it's a bumpy road for sure, but one he*l of a ride.

Journeyman

I am upset because I use the phone for biz.  Its the way I make my money and Sprint is not helping me in the least.  The phone really sucks. Something is causing it reboot in a loop when in doors.  It must be a signal strength issue or  a GPS issue.  I showed the people at the sprint store that if you simply set the phone on the table, It will start to reboot. Sure enough, It rebooted in a loop. We walked outside, Then the phone stoped the loop and started working again.

What a complete pile of crap.  I just want my old Palm back. I made thousands of calls on that phone for 3 years.

Journeyman

Lighten Up............ hmmmmm, i'm starting to believe that phone is a total piece of S*#t, After that 2.2 update my phone went straight to hell, constantly rebooting sometimes 5-6 times a day for now reason. Did a reset, so just stock apps, still the same. Phone has never been rooted either. So if someone is paying $80-90 a month for a phone that can't use I would be a little upset also (which I'm getting there). Yes I know there will be problems with new phones, but this a bit too much, constant rebooting......... in the middle of phone calls, youtube, just being idle, waking up in the middle of the night with your phone rebooting. that is a serious problem for Sprint and they need to fix this ASAP.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat