Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weak 4G, one bar. Friends 4G has full 4G, 4 bars; EVO is 1 year newer.

Journeyman

Weak 4G, one bar. Friends 4G has full 4G, 4 bars; EVO is 1 year newer.

Sitting right next to each other, My EVO 4G signal is very weak, one bar; My friends EVO has full/very strong signal, all bars?!

I stopped and started 4G antenna,  then rebooted, same result. Check the settings (thought he might be on a different tower or something like that). No alternate 4G - one only on both phones.

The difference is his phone is one year newer (The 3D camera version); mine is last years EVO 4G (with the separate HDMI out & kickstand, which I like!)

So I' don't understand why there is such a drastic difference.

2 REPLIES 2
Wizard

Have you tried to update the profile? (menu>settings>system updates>update profile).  This will reset your network settings in case it's just a provisioning issue.

Journeyman

Not any notable difference but I'm in the house; Never get a good signal inside.

Now I know what to do / try next time.

Thanks!

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat