cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weak to no signal on Evo 4G

Journeyman

Weak to no signal on Evo 4G

My husband and I both got an Evo 4G when we signed on with Sprint.  He has never had a problem with his phone, he gets a good signal for phone calls and for the Internet.  He also has plenty of storage.  If I want to use my phone to call someone I have to go outside and stand in the yard to talk on the phone.  I have no signal at all inside my house, on the porch I get 1 bar and most likely will end up with a dropped call.  The Internet isn't any better.  I have Wi-Fi so getting online with my phone isn't an issue... when I'm at home, however now I can't get online without being in an area that provides Wi-Fi.  When I first got the phone I could get online anywhere, now the phone is useless.  When I talked to customer service about the trouble I'm having they said something about cell towers and that the problem will be resolved soon.  That's been awhile ago and I am still having problems.  Then why doesn't my husband have any problems?  We have our phones on the same setting.  Another problem with my phone is that it freezes and I keep running low on space even though most of my apps are on my sd card, I cleared the history.  I am also losing data, bookmarks, and I have two emails one for work and one for myself that keep blending together.  Seems like the only thing that works well is texting, I can send and receive texts in seconds of them being placed.  I keep the phone updated.  I didn't get the insurance on the phones and we've had them for several months so I don't know what my options are besides buying a new phone because I'm not doing that.  Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Weak to no signal on Evo 4G

Have you taken it into a Sprint store to get looked at?  Not having insurance would not be an issue unless they have to replace it due to user falt.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a problem with coverage where I live also and cusomer service cant tell me whats wrong so everytime I call them they say something might be wrong with my phone, so I brought it in...nothing wrong! Yetb they keep telling me to do so. Been having this coverage problem for weeks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same problem they offered me what called an air rave for my home witch worked great but needs to be connected to hi speed internet I no longer have internet at home so now my service sucks they credited my account 25 dollars for two months of bad service and offered to cancel my service free of charge I don't want them to cancel my service just want them to fix the issue as for the cell tower issue I was told the same that the problem would be fixed but that was months ago and still the same thing and I can't get 4G were I live but I go to the ghetto were my wife works and the 4G is really fast I don't want to have to leave home for service I should be able to get great service at home with out having to have add ons Sprint really needs to step it up

Highlighted
Journeyman

Oh also funny my wife phone hardly works mines a little better but my sister with tmobile gets 4g and full bars in my home plus she gets free hot spots so I often connect to her phone for service starting to see why they won't compare there rates to tmobile and only to Verizon and at&t that cell tower  issue is major by were I live I asked for the closest tower to my home is its over 10 miles I was told call customer care be level headed and get a credit we shouldn't pay for what they have issues with plus my EVO 4G shuts off and turns on when it want had it master reset 3 times all three times they claimed it was fixed I asked for a new phone and was denied

Highlighted
Journeyman

More than likly what you are experincing is data upgrades in your area ... it is happening all over the united states

T-mobile - is not the greatest cell phone provider ... heck where I live .. the closest tmobile tower is over 80 miles away .. if that tells you anything

Services are not gurnateed inside a person residents, work, or other structured business....

Highlighted
GrandMaster

it helps if the majority of you having these issues post your zip code and closest cross streets so someone can look into the issue.

do NOT post your physical address within a public forum

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

7th and Indiana Ave. N.W. Washington, DC, 20004

Highlighted
Journeyman

My daughter has an EVO 4G and we bought it a year ago in FL.  She brought it in the store a few times due to issues and bad reception...they made adjustments.  It still had bad reception.  Finally I called Sprint and they told me to go to a "corporate Sprint store".  That store said the phone is over 30 days old and can't be exchanged.  They tried to fix it and it's still not great.  She moved to NJ to attend school and continued to have bad reception problems there as well.  She brought it in to more Sprint stores to get it fixed...nothing changed.  She now lives in the NYC area - Brooklyn.  Lives and works on Long Island.  At work she has zero signal and is never able to place / receive any calls.  She always has to use a land line!  Going to and from work she occasionally connects with a network, but not Sprint...she's usually roaming.  She called Sprint several times a few months ago and they were going to replace it.  That never happened.  She called again...same promise and that didn't happen either.  She brought it back to a "Sprint" store and paid $35 for a hard re-set.  That made it worse and they lost most of her contacts.  I finally intervened on her behalf and got someone to send her a refurb EVO 4G.  This one is worse.  With the 4G antenna off, it's always searching for a 4G connection.  It's ALWAYS searching for any connection.  Due to that, the phone's battery is dead by the end of the day. 4G is off, Bluetooth is off, screen brightness is turned down and the battery is dead by dinner time.  I asked them to replace it with a different brand and just found out they won't do it.  But, if I'd like, I can "buy" another phone from Sprint.  I already paid $200 for that piece of junk that didn't work it was replaced with another piece of junk that doesn't work and now they want me to buy another one?  They stalled us for a year and now I can't even go to HTC to get them to honor the 1 year warranty!  I can't believe that Sprint doesn't have full coverage in the NYC area!  According to their coverage map, reception should be fantastic.  Either Sprint is lying about their coverage or the EVO is garbage!  Either way, I'm forced to continue paying the contract for another year for a phone they sold me that doesn't work on a system that also doesn't work.  Hmmm...I guess they're not living up to their side of the contract.  Has anyone considered a class action suit against them?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can go North or West of town and the phone gets a better signal, but now I keep getting Network Busy and Radio Interface Resourse Shortage but my husband's phone is fine.  According to the coverage map I should be getting a good signal.  I have had both Virgin Mobile and Boost in the past (both I think are owned by Sprint) and didn't have a problem and I paid a lot less.  Is there someone from customer service that reads these boards that can answer my questions.  My zip code is 28677

Highlighted
Master

Hello.  I responded to your other forum. 

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/458622#458622

If your husband's "Sprint" phone is NOT having the same issue, we can try to re-activate your device across the network.  The SCRTN process will also check your firmware and PRLs. 

Let me know,

Tom

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes I would like to try that process, just let me know how. Thanks for helping me with this.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat