Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a terrible name

Sprint Product Ambassador

What a terrible name

Any one like the EVO name.  I think it is a terrible name myself.  Can't Sprint come up with some better name?

EVO: hard to say, hard to hear...

Although I like the phone features, the name puts me offf a bit.

Maybe it's just me?

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.
5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

I'm sure Sprint could, but can HTC? Thats another story.

Journeyman

i dont think its bad but I They should have saved the hero name for this phone lol

Journeyman

I  love the name, short for Evolution. Nice name, since its essentially the next big evolution of smartphones. This is definitely a superphone. Nexus was just barely. This is definitely.

Journeyman

I thought EVO was a trademark of Mitsubishi for their Lancer EVO. And yes, it's a poor retail name for a device whose code name was "Supersonic". But at least it's a name and not a model number.

Journeyman

I own a 2005 Lancer Evolution VIII MR Edition... Can't wait to add ANOTHER EVO to the family:)

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat