cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the chances of Sprint waiving the MIR?

Highlighted
Journeyman

What are the chances of Sprint waiving the MIR?

I am sure that this question has already been asked and maybe even answered, but it is probably not a heavy topic but needs to be "refreshed" and actually should be up  there near the top of great preportion as I feel that this is one thing I think Sprint should consider.

Does anyone know, rumor or even a possibility if Sprint is considering droppoing the MIR? I know that they have a reason for this but with the new announcement of the 30 day guarentee, shouldn't they also waive the MIR? Gosh, I know that the price of a "stamp" isn't much, but it does add up.

If several places already do this I think it would benefit Sprint in the long run and the rebate doesn't actually come through Sprint it comes from the manufacturer doesn't it?

I am going to get the phone regardless  but it sure would make a lot of customers happy.

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: What are the chances of Sprint waiving the MIR?

It would make me happy but I do not see it happening.

Journeyman

rumor is in that big meeting last week sprint associates said they talked about removing MIR all together since verizon is.

Journeyman

can somebody please shed some light on what the heck MIR is??

Journeyman

Mail-in-Rebate

Journeyman

When it gets closer to being available keep an eye on Best Buy.  My friend just recently got the Hero for the same price as i did but didnt have to deal with the mail in.  Maybe they will do the same for the Evo

Master

At Best Buy and Radio Shack you never have to worry about the mail in rebates. They both do "Instant" rebates at time of purchase.

Journeyman

Well, it is standard for BB to have the instant rebates, but I was interested in anyone's thought's about Sprint giving in and doing away with them. I think they should myself, but I still don't know the real reason why they don't.

If you buy a phone from BB they don't care what you do with that phone after you leave the store, but Sprint seems to have a problem with it.

I know that we are hoping for a lot right now with pricing and plans, but this is something I think that should have been done a long time ago...............

Journeyman

well as I said sprint is rumored to be doing away with them.. hope its true!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat