cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is 4g coming to Manhattan?

Journeyman

When is 4g coming to Manhattan?

Whats up Sprint? When are you going to roll out 4g in NYC? Getting kinda ridiculous that you wanna charge 10.00 more a month for the EVO and you still dont have 4g in NYC?

When is this going to happen?

7 REPLIES 7
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: When is 4g coming to Manhattan?

Go ahead and try it now -- 4G rolled out to NYC on Monday...

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thats AWESOME news, I knew 4g was coming soon because here in Brooklyn, NY for about a month now I was picking up 4g, 1 of 3 bars most of the time, 2 of 3 bars if i'm lucky and last night I touched 3 of 3 bars for a second. I will definitely be looking forward to monday.

Journeyman

I am in Manhattan - I just turned on 4G, but it's just scanning - I was told that we would get a text from Sprint when it was actually active here - maybe I should play with my settings ... hmm .. OK -3G is greyed out - so I guess 4G is on?  please help this newbie out ...

thanks!

Journeyman

Unfortunately no.  When 3G is grayed out, there is no 3G data coverage.  When you are connected to 4G, the '3G' will become a '4G'.

Journeyman

thank you.  I guess it's not here in Manhattan yet, and I will just wait for the update text or tweet or email ... oh, and also, check this forum .

Journeyman

Another place you can check is Sensorly map viewer.  It is a user generated map of coverage which shows real coverage, not carrier maps.  It includes a 4G map which shows where there is 4G coverage even in cities which don't officially have it yet (Denver, near where i live has coverage, but not officially).  I am just hoping that Fort Collins will get 4G soon after Denver.

Journeyman

well, if anyone's interested, I got 4G coverage at W 75th St and Columbus Avenue this afternoon around 5pm - once I walked to W79, it went away ...   I guess it's going to be spotty for a while, so I won't be able to tell how fabulous it's supposed to be

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat