cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When wil the EVO 4G Support of Gingerbread 2.3 and so forth. Why The Drop in Sprint Support for the "Phone of the Future"!!

Journeyman

When wil the EVO 4G Support of Gingerbread 2.3 and so forth. Why The Drop in Sprint Support for the "Phone of the Future"!!

I really wish HTC and Sprint would get off there BS and stop blaming each other and do the right thing and support OUR EVO's. Where is our Upgrade? It is April and the NEXUS gets it and the EVO was supposedly the Flagship phone of the FUTURE for Sprint and now they are blaming each other?!!!!!! I spent all this n=money on a phone that is supposed to be the best in the world according to CITA and you name it, and Sprint and HTC are not doing the upgrades and cheap little phones with less power are gonna get the UPGRADES. What is that saying about Sprint and their support. I just got off the phone with a ?MANAGER? who said she never heard of GINGERBREAD and I got transfered 3 times without me asking till I finally asked for a manager who doesn't know anything or even UPGRADED TECH SUPPORT Staff say they have never heard of it. I actually had someone say that to me and then even a manager. What is going on. I should of never left T-Mobile of 10 years. Even they had better support than Sprint. I left cause of the "Sprint Reputation" and now I am regreting it. Anyone else feel the same way. I see it all over the web. We need our support.

27 REPLIES 27
Master

This comes up every time a new Android version is released. I wish people would take the time to at least search Google and get educated about how the average phone software update process works before ranting without basic information.

Google announces/releases the new Android software. Then it goes to the parts suppliers and manufacturer to ensure drivers for the specific processor, speaker, lcd, gps, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc. chipsets are all compatible and functioning. Then they must ensure any other applications they provide themselves are compatible (In HTC's case you have Sense UI and all of it's associated applications). Then it gets to the carrier to ensure carrier apps (Sprint Navigation, Total Equipment Protection, Sprint TV/Radio, NASCAR mobile, etc.) will work with the new software. Then you have final testing after the base is set to find random show stopping bugs related to integrating everything that will cause issues.

Google only provides the base software, everything else is done by the parts suppliers, manufacturers and carriers, in that order.

The Nexus devices have Google making not only Android itself, but all of the drivers and everything are integrated by them. There is no additional interface overlay (Like HTC Sense, arguable the best overlay and integration system for Android) for the Nexus sevices, it is just plain Android. This is why Google offers the Nexus series of devices, for those who want a pure vanilla Android experience and the latest updates.

The HTC Evo was the first non-Nexuis device to get Android 2.2 after it was released, and currently nothing other than Nexus devices officially have Android 2.3

It's easy to rant about not having the latest and greatest. To actually learn how the update process works though takes the initiative to find out, and thqat's something most people don't want to do, they just want to rant, and if no one replies (usually because it has been answered before) they get louder.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: When wil the EVO 4G Support of Gingerbread 2.3 and so forth. Why The Drop in Sprint Support for the "Phone of the Future"!!

@halcyoncmdr134 What you need to do is get educated on customer service. Good customer service doesn't treat their customers like dirt. Remember it is your customers that are paying your wages.

Journeyman

Re: When wil the EVO 4G Support of Gingerbread 2.3 and so forth. Why The Drop in Sprint Support for the "Phone of the Future"!!

...and this is exactly why you get the Nexus S 4G instead. My friend has the original Nexus One which is what? 2 years old and not even made or sold anymore but shes running 2.3.3 while my less than a year old Evo is still stuck on 2.2

Journeyman

> When wil the EVO 4G Support of Gingerbread 2.3 and so forth. Why The Drop in Sprint Support for the "Phone of the Future"!!

So, let's suppose the answer is July 4th, what will you do this information? That's right, nothing. You're just here to be rude and whine. Customer service doesn't include encouraging rude people.  He clearly explaned everything to you. Then you whined that you knew it all -- even though your posts show no knowledge at all. You didn't bother to say what features you're missing or what you need (maybe there's a work around?). Engineers are doing the work. It's complex and they're trying to do a good job. What's the point of being rude on a message board to some stranger who is uninvolved in the update?

> You have no idea what i have gone through with everyone dealing with Sprint and HTC and Google.

And who's fault is that? I'm guessing when people come to your workplace and are rude to you that you go out of your way to help them out. Do you mind posting where you work here?

Sprint will announce the release when their ready.  Until then we just have to wait just like the epic customers waited for android 2.2.  Their "heated discussions" did nothing to speed up the release for them but it does turn a lot of people off.  Just my two cents,  Rick

Journeyman

THank you all as I am done with this blogging junk.  I received all the answers and got the dates thanks to all of you helping.  I got them from HTC, Google, and Sprint.  I told All of you that i said i was sorry for blowing my top but some of you still persisted.  COOL.  Proving that blogging is a waste of time unless you need answers frrom specific entities.  All of your complaints about my initial messages got me the answers I wanted from the right people and actually none of you.  thank you to all who were kind and helped and thank you to all who were not.  You all played an integral roll in getting what i want.  all of you who were rude back got responses for me from the right people.  The ones who gave me nive resposes were great in elping me calm down and call who i needed and i have the dates now.  hope you all get them too.  see you in 2.3 then 2.4.  GOD BLESS and Im done with his blogging.  as my first ever, it has provin to be a pain and attracts good and bad.  No more.  That is why i hate the ideas of twittter, favebook, tweets, and all that bs.  Thank God I do not waste my life in those sites... I have betterthings to do now, as this experience got me what i wanted but also was ridiculous.  Not to the people who were helpful though.  Thanks to all of you.  The rest, have fun blogging and discussing phones or whatever else you could possibly discuss on Sprint.  Bye bye for goodBy the way, there is no point in responding to me as I have shut off the notifications sent to me.  So talk if you wish but i waont be back.  thanks to all and all good night. bye

Journeyman

I dont work as i am permanently disabled and handicapped and yes when i had my business, the customer was always right.  but if you read earlier, i apologized for blowing off at first and then tried to discuss but people have the right to free speech.  Yes you have no idea what i have been through.  that is why i apologized to everyone, because of someones incompetence in there job, i am permanently paralyzed for life.  so yes i hate when someone doesn do there job and tries to be a smart a - - when they work for the comapny like halcyoncmdr134.  But as i said I am done and said i was sorry to all whom posted about blowing of.  I gues some just cant let it go, so why should I.  But me being the bigger, i am done with blogging and discussing this and thank you for understanding my frustration and GOD BLESS.

Journeyman

People do have the right to free speech but that doesn't mean they can blast their customers with no backslash.

After all, it is quite right to say that it is the customers paying bills that sometimes near the cost of a car note that keep these smart asses like Halcyoncmdr134 employed. It is true that in the last decade, customer service, pretty much everywhere has gone out the door and now there is only that sense of entitlement that employees feel.

I wonder when people started feeling that having a job is a right and not a priviledge that is sponsored by paying customers. Heck, get much better service at the DMV than at the Sprint Store.

One month ago a very expensive Blackberry died on me after a RIM suggested software upgrade. No, I was not trying to crack it or modify it in any way, but regardless, after the sofware upgrade which is a breeze in my Android and WP7, the Blackberry died.

I am a software developer and I live and breathe Java and other programing languages, I also own and have operating and active phones on each of the available plataforms, because we need to do tests on those devices before we release software. Blackberry is the only one that has ever completely died on us.

So I go to the Sprint store, and this fellow who could have very easily been confused for a beach bumb (sorry... appearance does say a lot about you) tried to smart ass me. After a long "conversation" they finally had to trake their POS back and get me another one.

One, why do I have to deal with professional WOW player as the "technician" who is taking care of my very valuable business? We pay to sprint about 400 dollars a month in service and we could walk away anytime at all since we passed the 2 year time.

Two, why Sprint hires these people who do not know the first thing about customer care. And again, this is a problem I have found even at American Express who is supposed to have some of the best people in the industry.

I paid my dues, to be where I am now, I was also a Tech suppord dude, and I had to answer to angry customers and some that were all out just wrong, but we were trained to treat them with all the respect and show them they were wrong without making them feel dumb.

We as customers are not obligated to "investigate" in Google how the whole release of new OS is supposed to work, that is the employees of Sprint job and it is also their job explain that to us... the ones who pay the bills, in a respectful and clear manner.

One time in my life I was Tech Support for Home Interior's and Gifts. 90% of our users were ladies who had never in their life owned a computer, even so, these were people consistently making the company 1, 2, 3 million dollars a year in sales.

It is not the job of the user to be the expert in technology, and the first place where we are going to stop to complain and investigate, is precisely here! where we are supposed to find the "pros."

Sprint needs to get their act together and either fire people like Halcyomcmdr134 or put them in a back office where they have no contact with customers, because if they dont, they will never get rid of the stigma they have had for decades of having awful customer care. And ask ATT how that has worked out for them, when their own customers could not wait for the iPhone to be offered elsewhere just to not be a customer of ATT.

Cheers.

Master

TOPROY wrote:

People do have the right to free speech but that doesn't mean they can blast their customers with no backslash.

Nicely said, but why is that a one way street? I don't work for Sprint, I had my share of not so smart CS in the line, but as a costumer and especially as a human, I had a consideration for they feelings too. Don't get me wrong this does not mean they can go off on their costumers, but costumers need to be respectful for them too. I never worked on call centers, but I can just imagine it. If a well educated (maybe a bachelor degree) tech person will work for $12 - $17 per hours there will be no issues, but you should know just as I do, that's not the case. Until that happens (and I hope not since that means our profession is going down the drain) we have to deal with ppl that try to find out problems reading a script. (Just my my opinion!)

Also you don't see me b-itching about why the censored my posts (since all of them were deleted in this thread a hint for the Operator/s )

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Ok I peeked to see what people would say after I said I was not going to anymore.  It is hard not to peak.  TOPROY, I just wanted to say Thank you for understanding and replying with a bloody well thought reply to my discussion.  U.K., Wales, or Irish?  Me, Cayman Islands originally.   Very appreciated Reply.  Thanks Again!!!! Cheers!

Journeyman

DJ, You are so right about the respect going both ways, but when you get blasted on the discussion and on the phone by Sprint, I was well P.O.'d after that. That is when I wrote what I did and started this discussion the way I did. I did apologize to everyone in a past message for my P.O.'dness (new word of the day), but it didn't make a difference. I know bitching isn't the answer, and isn't going to get the updates faster or even may not help them happen, but when they(SPRINT) say flat out, they do not want to release the update till after the new Android (I think it is the Nexus) with the new software comes out so that it will not effect the sales of the new phone, that's kind of draws the line of crappy customer support and service to their customers who pay their salaries. Did you hear about that? It is on the web and I was actually told by a Sprint person that little tid bit of info. Can you actually beleive that? They want to make their bloody money from a new phone before they support the already purchased phones. I am sorry, but that is why I started to bitch and rant and rave when I startted this blog. I did apologize to my fellow bloggers, but I will not to SPRINT. That is really crappy of them to do. I really hope you all understand and accept my apology for my weak moment of P.O.'dness (my new word again :-)). But to me, I was justified to be mad after hearing that. Money before service. What has this world come to. My customers ALWAYS were treated fair and equal. Just because one home user spent $2300.00 and The Symphony Orchestra spent $64,000, they were all treated fair and equal. TRUE example. It is just not fair. Well, everyone, I have to go. I am not feeling well and that is why I am up so late. I am never online this late but I had to look and try to get through my rough moments that kept me up. God Bless to all and have a good night. By the way call Sprint and/or check it out online about the phone sales and phone updates and you will see I am not kidding or maknig it up. It sounds to crappy to be real, but it is, and has been said. C-ya Goodnight

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat