cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When wil the EVO 4G Support of Gingerbread 2.3 and so forth. Why The Drop in Sprint Support for the "Phone of the Future"!!

Wizard

Re: When wil the EVO 4G Support of Gingerbread 2.3 and so forth. Why The Drop in Sprint Support for the "Phone of the Future"!!

The EVO is almost a year old which in technology terms is bordering on ancient. Phones hit the EOL (End Of Life) cycle faster then most other hardware and the EVO is no exception.

Verizon recently put out a list of all their phones EOL dates and most didn't even make it a year before their time was up and support stops. HTC has stated that once the EVO 3D hits with native Gingerbread that all HTC phones that can support it will get the update BUT not until the native release.

This is a common business practice to keep the consumer buying the newest latest greatest and not just waiting for an update but there is an update coming and most likely will be the last as the market makes it way to dual core technology which the EVO is not.

So with all that said and the explanation given by halcyoncmdr134 people should know and understand a company CAN NOT support a device until the end of time as it has a life cycle and that Sprint does NOT make the OS it is a third party here and is not to blame for the hold up. They (Sprint) can't do anything until HTC has received the update, edited it and then released it to Sprint for distribution and I can also see where the frustration comes in for the Sprint staff when people don't bother to search or read what is in front of them and just rant because they are not getting what they want RIGHT NOW.

SO wait for the update or buy a new phone and rant again in a year it's all up to you. Wash rinse repeat.

Journeyman

Re: When wil the EVO 4G Support of Gingerbread 2.3 and so forth. Why The Drop in Sprint Support for the "Phone of the Future"!!

Het Rick, thank you for your reply.  I just wanted you to read what I told DJ a little while ago.  Please read my reply to him and then lets chat about it.  Thank you and goodnight

Journeyman

Hey there tthlwgg, we are way past that and moved on.  Did you not get to read my apology and now read the new posts that we are discussing? We are again way pasted the P.O.'dness (my new word again :-)).  I appreciate your reply and joining the discussion.  Blogging was invented to inform,allow debates, complaing, "whining" as you say, and whatever else we want to do.  You obviously didnt also get to read the ones deleted.  So please, lets move on and discuss.  Thank you, God Bless and Goodnight.

Journeyman

Alex, AWESOME reply.  Thank you.

Journeyman

halcyoncmdr134,  Please do not give me the cut, copy, paste answer.  Give us the truth and information and lets move on.  I am so over getting the cut, copy, paste answer over the phone and discussions.  Thank you, God Bless and goodnight

Journeyman

ALynch,

OK thanks, but we are way past that portion of the discussion.  The EVO is not on the EOL and SPRINT still considers it new in support means. I know tech is old in3-6 months yet they only came out with one new android with the new software.  It is coming out in June for all the other android phones.  Sprint, Google, and HTC all blame each other.  You obviously didnt get to read the ones that were deleted.  We are all miffed about that because DJ and I are not happy having to repeat ourselves.  We are long past discussing where you are coming in.  Sorry my friend.  If i have time tomorrow, I will reply again and fill in the blanks that were deleted from this discussion.  I will try to remember all that was said so we can all be on the same page.  God Bless and Goodnight.  I will not reply anymore tonight.  This blogging stuff is addicting and I am in too much pain right now to chat anymore.  Have a good night.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I remember writing a reply in response to halcyoncmdr134 unprofessional cheap shot at Sprint customers (yes, rather than asking Customer Service for................ Customer Service, we should do some Google work before presenting a a question). I'm surprised my response got deleted. It's not the first time. It's interesting though. I see other people who post say things that go for the jugular toward's Sprint's overall service and their posts do not get deleted but mine get deleted from time to time if it's in response to some uncalled for remark made by Sprint's own forum administrators like halcyoncmdr134.  I won't be surprised if this post gets deleted again. Great way to treat a customer who has been with Sprint since 2001. Thanks for the treatment both with my EVO and with whatever I seem to post here on the forums since I can't even get any answers at your actual stores as well.

Journeyman

When wil the EVO 4G Support of Gingerbread 2.3 and so forth. Why The Drop in Sprint Support for the "Phone of the Future"!!

Ok, so I'm guessing that a lot of posts got deleted... So, just to make things clear, we won't be getting 2.3 until the EVO 3D is released, right? If so, when will the EVO 3D be released?

Journeyman

In about 1 month

Journeyman

Very unlikely. If the Evo 3D were only a month away, Sprint would be talking it up, getting it out to testers and promoting it all over as they did with the Evo 4G. We havent seen a thing on the 3D aside from a few demos. I wouldnt expect it until at least July, probably Aug,

Journeyman

That figures

Journeyman

halcyoncmdr134 is the true embodiment of all that is wrong with Sprint Customer Service. I have been posting on here since it was buzzaboutwireless and we were trying to get Sprint to update the awful OS on the original Samsung Instinct. When Sprint changed up the website, I was forced to rename my username, because my "username already exists in the community," even though I'm the one who has it.

Anyways, just wanted to throw out a big amen when I read some of the complaints on this individual's lack of ability to communicate respectfully to others on here. We should start a poll to see how many feel the same way.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat