cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When wil the EVO 4G Support of Gingerbread 2.3 and so forth. Why The Drop in Sprint Support for the "Phone of the Future"!!

Journeyman

When wil the EVO 4G Support of Gingerbread 2.3 and so forth. Why The Drop in Sprint Support for the "Phone of the Future"!!

When I am forced to have a 2 year contract then I expect SUPPORT (including updates) for the entire life of that contract. Is that  too much to ask for?

2.3 has been out for ages. All the excuses in the world don't change the fact that my phone, which I understood to be the flagship of Sprint, still is not up to date while other, lesser phones are.

I paid the extra $10 a month even though I don't get to use the 4G network (and I live in a top 10 city)

All in all, I'm not really impressed. Eventually my EVO will go off contract and I'll be looking at something new. I'd like think that the next phone I get will get PROMPT updates.

GrandMaster

the newer lesser phones that came out with 2.3 JUST came out...and theyre having alot of issues. before getting to upset about not having the newest update go scope some of the forums of the newer phones. couple days after the phones release they had a update to try and fix some things and the main problems to my knowledge still arent fixed. seeing as how they have to do whatever set up for each phone so it doesnt have any issues...id rather them take a lil time so i dont end up with a expensive paper weight like the nexus s so far. alot of people including myself dont have a land line. so id like my phone to keep working and not risk it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Seriously, before all is said and done, I think Sprint's main focus is who is going to buy them.  If the AT&T and T-Mobile merger occurs, Sprint may be bought out by CenturyLink. I don't really think the higher ups' main concerns are about their customers' updates on their phones. It's more about who's going to buy them down the road.

Here's the article:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-05-16/sprint-s-most-likely-buyer-may-be-centurylink.html

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i was actually debating on the nexus s but after browsing the forums theyre having some serious issues. and wtf...no camera zoom? my sons crapper cheapo camera even has zoom.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat