cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will the android 2.3 (gingerbread) be available for the Evo?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Tags (3)
31 REPLIES 31
Journeyman

Re: When will the android 2.3 (gingerbread) be available for the Evo?

Other forums are saying late Feb or sometime in March. All rumors though.

Journeyman

What other forums are you talking about, I really would like to read this..Its about time we get Gingerbread.

Journeyman

I found this on the web where it won't be out until new phones are running 2.3.

http://www.talkandroid.com/33921-android-2-3-aka-gingerbread-heading-to-the-evo-4g-and-other-htc-dev...

Journeyman

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I understand that you are interested in the new Android 2.3 for the HTC EVO. Currently, we are not providing new Android 2.3 for the HTC EVO but we time to time keeps on launching new phones and service as per the feedback of our customers. If Sprint offers it in the future, you will find product and pricing details on Sprint.com and in promotional information at our retail stores. We encourage you to watch news reports or monitor our web site to see if a change in availability occurs. We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to answer your questions. Please reply to this email or visit sprint.com if we can be of assistance.  Thank you again for e-mailing us. Sincerely, David M. Sprint

GrandMaster

again rumor. but another thread said something about a update going straight to 2.4 since 2.3 has had alot of problems. either way evo is supposed to have some kind of update that will fix the current problems that came along with the last update.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/64551?start=0&tstart=30

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Well this was a E-Mail straight from sprint i hope it jumps to 2.4 that would be awesome but the way it looks right now if it does get it. Will be after the EVO View 3D and NS way after Sprint wants to make money from the new phones before they release a new update to the EVO 4G which has the same specs as the NS minus the screen.

But im not getting my hopes up with the track record i have seen 1 update per Android device the hero was a mistake it was suppose to release with 1.6 then it went to 2.1 and hasnt moved and wont.

HTC says that they have to wait to see what Sprint wants to do if there going to update the EVO or not.I guess we will c.

Journeyman

I heard that once da evo 3d comes out we shud get da gingerbread..the evo 3d has da gingerbread so I think it makes sense to wait..but I.hate waitin..im jus upset dat sprint downgraded me from gold reward to silver reward and im sooo upset ova it..i feel like going to tmobile..maybe dey will treat me better...

GrandMaster

if it makes you feel any better i just looked at a bunch of the AT&T phones and pretty much all of them are running 2.1.

Journeyman

Heck, Samsung Epic users JUST got the 2.2 upgrade about a month ago. The thing is, phone manufacturers put so much of their own garbage into the phones they make (and they have every right to, their phone, their junk) so stuff like HTC's Sense makes Android updates hard to integrate with the phone.  I'm not a big fan of any of the Google Nexus phones, but if you want a phone with less of a wait in regards to firmware updates, that's the route to go. Most of the time, delays with updates are due to integrating the new upgrade with your phone manufacturer's junk or additional software changes. Take the Samsung Galaxy S for instance on the European market. They finally got the 2.3 Gingerbread release available and Google PULLED it due to some additional work that needed to be done. That's not a good sign.  What more with HTC phones?

http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/19/samsung-galaxy-s-gingerbread-update-pulled-by-google-coming-b/

http://phandroid.com/2011/04/19/samsung-galaxy-s-gingerbread-rollout-halted-here-we-go-again/

GrandMaster

Either way im sticking to this phone until its dead in the water.

for some reason my work net wont let me onto the verizon page but the other day i was browsing while sitting on hold and one of the phones i brought up had pretty much the same bloatware as we just recently got lol. blockbuster etc.

i laughed

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat