cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Sprint, WHY...

Patron

Why Sprint, WHY...

...can't you restock EVO 4Gs online faster than ATT can restock iPhone 4s?  You finally get an amazing Android phone and you can't seem to stay ahead of Apple in production?!  I can't even price out a Family Plan for the EVO online, I can however for the iPhone.  Outside of the HERO update fiasco I haven't had much of an issue with you but if I'm going to convince my wife to get on the Sprint/Android train I really need more than: "Sorry, this device is so hot we can’t keep it on our virtual shelves. Check back later – more are on their way!"  To sell it and don't tell me to go into a Best Buy or Radio Shack, no offense but they aren't there to convert people to Sprint, they are just out to make a buck so they are useless...

when will the EVO 4G be available online?!?!

peace.

13 REPLIES 13
Journeyman

Re: Why Sprint, WHY...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704103904575337060997873820.html

Dan Hesse claims that there are spot shortages.

Who is feeding him false info? There are no EVOs anywhere for anybody!

Journeyman

Not true. I got a bad one directly from Sprint and got an exchange unit at a company store the next day (yesterday). Now that this one is bad, I'm getting another one tomorrow. Maybe the adage about flys and honey is true after all.

Journeyman

Sprint.com has none. All local Sprint stores have lengthy waiting lists. Bestbuy.com will not sell you one. All local Best Buys are out of stock. Wirefly.com openly blames Sprint for its inability to have the EVO on sale anymore. If you live in area without a waiting listing, congrats. My non-4G local area has no EVOs anywhere.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I dropped my Toshiba one to many times and the screen broke, so I had to wait 2 1/2 months before the EVO was released.  Good things come to those who wait. 

Message was edited by: LJNJ_RC51

Journeyman

im about ready to go buy the new iphone...my contract is up in 4 weeks but they dont have any evos available...so at&t is looking good right now..

thanks for being there sprint.

Journeyman

So exactly when did Sprint become the manufacturer on the Evo?

Patron

@suiris, you are missing the point.  Its not about whether or not Sprint is the manufacturer of the EVO or any phone. It's about the EVO being the 1st real smart phone that Sprint has to even come close to competing with the ATT and Verizon and they know that. So there is no excuse for running out of EVOs online or in the stores.  No one believes that Sprint couldn't have anticipated the popularity of the EVO, even Apple fanboys gave props to the EVO and yet they are out of stock?!?  As the distance #3 carrier, Sprint needs to do more than what its doing to keep its remaining customers.

Journeyman

DjD808 wrote:

@suiris, you are missing the point.  Its not about whether or not Sprint is the manufacturer of the EVO or any phone. It's about the EVO being the 1st real smart phone that Sprint has to even come close to competing with the ATT and Verizon and they know that. So there is no excuse for running out of EVOs online or in the stores.  No one believes that Sprint couldn't have anticipated the popularity of the EVO, even Apple fanboys gave props to the EVO and yet they are out of stock?!?  As the distance #3 carrier, Sprint needs to do more than what its doing to keep its remaining customers.

I hold Sprint completely responsible for the shortages in the first two or three weeks. Whoever made the estimate on what adequate stock would be for this launch should be fired, ESPECIALLY because they chose a wide launch through all channels (most feature phones from Sprint have been website/telesales only or Best Buy only or Sprint Store only at time of launch).It is almost as if Sprint is so used to failing, that they couldn't recognize success as it was happening.

That said, the persistent problem here is HTC. When the Blackbery Tour launched last year, RIM completely replenished stock after a sell out in under a week. In the span of a month, HTC should have been able to produce practically any number of devices, even if it involves forced overtime or temp employees. Regardless of how bad the initial predictions were, HTC simply hasn't kept pace enough to even keep waiting lists from growin, let alone clearing the market. While HTC should be happy about their remarkable growth, they can't escape the fact that they have failed their shareholders by not selling as many phones as they could have, thus surrendering some market share to competitors like Samsung.

Journeyman

It has been over a month and sprint still has not given any indication as to when they are going to restock the EVO!! I have been a faithful customer for five plus years. I pay my bill as expeceted, have dealt with faulty phones, and stuck with a company that has for the most part been behind the times when it comes celluar phones and service. The least they could do is inform us when the EVO will be available out of courtesy to the faithful customers that have kept your company going. Without us there would be no Sprint!!!

Journeyman

I pre-ordrered mine and a second one planning on selling it if there were shortages. There were and I did. I got $480 for it on Craigslist. I know they are out there... if you want one bad enough, would you pay for it?

j - phoenix

Journeyman

Problem is, its not really HTC either. Further research shows that HTC is building phones as fast as they can, but they are limited by part shortages. I guess the economy being down for so long cause a lot of part manufacturers to scale back on production. Now parts are in short supply and manufacturers are trying desperately to get their hands on them. The reason Sprint didn't have enough phones was partly due to them trying to launch before the iPhone. A good gamble, but now a lot of people are mad that they can't get their hands on one. HTC is shipping phones wherever they can, but again, part shortages are hindering their progress. Notice that the Droid Incredible, Droid X, iPhone 4, and other such high popularity smartphones have been suffering similar issues, with the Incredible being unavailable for months. The problem is, there aren't enough parts and there are all of the sudden too many people wanting the latest phones. People just need to be patient. Bashing on carriers and manufacturers isn't helping anyone. If someone wants to be impatient and leave for a worse carrier and a crappy, overhyped phone, let them. Just stop posting your garbage on the forums and leave.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat