I went to sleep one night with my evo on the charger and when i woke up my phone was dead. I couldn't charge or turn my phone on. I went to the sprint store to see what was wrong and they gave me a new battery and said not to let my battery get extremely low then try and charge it or it will kill the battery. Then then that same day before i went to sleep i put in on the charger with about 45% of my battery life still there and the same thing happened the next morning!!! So i went back to the store and the guy thought it was my cord or charging port but once he tested it it wasn't that. He gave me another battery and new wall charger and said that should work. The funny thing was three people came in the store after me while i was waiting on him as he checked my phone and said the EXACT SAME THING WORD FOR WORDabout their Evo??? Thats was before i went to work, once i got to work i put my evo on the charger at about 6:45 and the phone was dead yet again by 11. I couldn't believe it....i don't know what to do but go back to the store tomorrow and see if I can get some REAL ANSWERS!!!!!
Here are some possibilities: 1) bad outlet connection, in some older homes the contact points in the outlet could be loose. 2) the charger port could be loose but work sometimes ie. at the store. 3) if your using a power strip surge protector make sure the switch is on. 4) And of course the phone could be bad. You might want to check the temperature of the phone/battery after charging and see if its warm at all. hope this helps, Rick
My first question is, when you plug your phone in at home and at the store, did the phone indicate it was in fact charging? Or are you plugging it in and setting it down assuming its charging?
I ask because i see no mention of you saying that the phone indicates its charging, on the screen or thru the LED.
Thanks for your input and advice. I got my phone back from the sprint store and it worked perfectly with a fully charged battery. Later when my battery wad getting low I charged it wit my original charger for an hour but it didn't charge at all!!! So I went to radio shack and bought a new charger and it charges with no problem now. I figured it was the charging cord sine I had a new battery and charger connection for the wall outlet but it still wasn't charging. So now hopefully i won't kill this battery.