cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it that Sprint advertises nothing but 4g but i can never get 4g coverage?

Journeyman

Why is it that Sprint advertises nothing but 4g but i can never get 4g coverage?

I live in sw florida and got this phone for the 4g speed.  However the network is a joke and I have had 4g for a total of 5 minutes in the 3 months I've owned it.

5 REPLIES 5
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Why is it that Sprint advertises nothing but 4g but i can never get 4g coverage?

Please check the coverage maps for your exact location - clear down to the street level. You will be able to see if you have 'in building' coverage, 'on street' coverage or no coverage.

If the maps show you have coverage, and you are not able to connect, even outside away from buildings, please contact customer care to have them open a Network ticket. We're still tuning and improving the 4G network and it's customer feedback that helps us to find out where we need to work.

Thanks for the post!

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

Re: Why is it that Sprint advertises nothing but 4g but i can never get 4g coverage?

That's a really helpful post, but how the heck do you open a Network Ticket? I've checked down to the street level, as have the people I've spoken to at Sprint and, even though I've had three or four EVO's, none of them ever getting better than "poor" 4G, I'm always told to go to the store/repair center to have my phone checked out. I've had builds 0002, 0003 & 0004 phones. I've had new ones and I've had refurbished ones. I hardly ever get 4G and on those rare occasions that I do get a signal, it never exceeds poor, even outdoors, at any side of my house. All of this in an "indoor" signal area. I've asked to speak to someone about the network coverage map and my reception issues, but all I get is advice to have my phone checked out. My 3G is good, but I DO live in an "indoor" area - something better than the occasional "poor" would be nice.  --  Sharon

Highlighted
Journeyman

Such is the nature of the wireless industry- you get what you pay for.

Journeyman

I was mislead when I bought my Evo as well.....4g coverage here in Milwaukee,Wi....Im so pissed off i got this phone wit no 4g coverage,,n I switched from t-mobile..T-mobile has 4g coverage here....I love my Evo but since its lackin 4g..When is Wiscousin getting 4g!!!!!!!

Journeyman

Check all the other posts about this already.  I did the same thing. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat