cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my EVO voice dialer not working?

Highlighted
Master

Re: Why is my EVO voice dialer not working?

Yes, My voice dialer works, But if there is any outside noise it can be buggy. Try Vlingo it just launched and works great, Much better then the stock voice dialer. It's available in the market, I'm using the "In Car" version.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/apps/android_apps/blog/2010/10/08/vlingo...

http://www.vlingo.com/

Highlighted
Journeyman

@8135459159

I am where you are... My stock voice dialer worked for an instant with the 2.2 update, after that, it's returning with unrecognizable phone number when I command to "Call Home".  "Vlingo" has a better response rate. At least, it gives a choice of whom to call when you appear to have similarly named contacts.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks so much for your post. I just got mine and the voice dialing (and the keyboard) was having me considering returning it.  I used your technique and it recognized the names.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It might work for you, but it doesn't work for me.  I have 2.2 on my HTC Evo and the voice dialer never-ever picks the correct contact.  The only thing that works is the "dial" comand with digits.  (not the "call" command with contact name)

When I had my little Samsung sch-u740 with it's built-in voice dialing, it worked like 98% of the time with the same BT

earpiece.

Highlighted
Master

Did you catch my post above? Go into the market and download Vlingo, It works great and has many features. Check out the links in my post.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Oh, I missed your post about Vlingo.  I just installed it - totally awesome!  I just tried only a few contacts, but it recognized

each attempt on the first try, both via the built-in mic and my bluetooth earpiece.   My only concern is that since it

uses server-based recognizer, it might perform poorly with a flaky data connection.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Your's may work but mine does not. I took it to the Sprint shop and they worked on it and neither they nor I could make it work correctly. I have a Ford running Micorsoft Sync and the voice dial function works flawlessly with the EVO. The voice dialer (voice recognition) software on the EVO is junk and they have got to know it's junk because I have read enough on the Internet to know it's not an isolated problem. It's also dangerous as it absolutely precludes using the phone for outbound calling from your car unless you stop and dial the number.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat