cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why my new Evo 4G battery last for only 3 hours and most of the time off?

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

What were the steps you took to calibrate your battery?

Whether the

HTC EVO 4G's lithium ion battery needs to be primed/conditioned

is still a matter of debate, but it seems that it does need to be calibrated at least once.

Calibrating the EVO battery was actually specifically recommended by HTC a few weeks ago, but the topic has resurfaced in my inbox within the past few days, so I don't want to let another day go by without passing it on.

The method sounds ridiculous but many people have confirmed that it has nearly doubled their battery life, so it's clearly worth a shot. Instructions below.

This is a one-time only procedure.

1. Turn the EVO on and charge it for 8 hours.
  2. Unplug it and turn it off.
  3. Plug it back in and charge for 1 hour.
  4. Unplug it and turn it on.
  5. Wait 2 minutes and turn it off.
  6. Plug it back in and charge for 1 hour.

Here's a variation of these instructions:

1. Turn the EVO on and charge it until the LED indicator turns green.
  2. Unplug it and turn it off.
  3. Plug it back in and charge until the LED indicator turns green.
  4. Unplug it and turn it on.
  5. Once powered on completely, turn it off again.
  6. Plug it back in and charge until the LED turns green.
  7. Unplug it, turn it on, and use it normally.

Anyone try it?

Journeyman

I do it all the time. I didn't know it had a name, I just noticed that when I turn off my EVO it goes orange, so I wait for it to go green. It may celibate the phone's sensors, but I don't think it does much for the battery. I get 3-4 hours, then I change batteries. I consider it a small price to pay to have the world in the palm of my hand at 1GHz with a 4.3" screen.  --  Sharon

Highlighted
GrandMaster

heavy user or moderate? im actually up to 8ish hours now but with everything off. heavy texting and net. one thing i did end up trying was shutting off data always on. seems to last a bit longer now but i havent put a test to it. i just know i dont have to charge it until i get home from work now

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat