cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why my new Evo 4G battery last for only 3 hours and most of the time off?

Go to solution

Why my new evo 4g battery lsat for only 3 hours and most of the time off?

12 REPLIES 12
GrandMaster

what all do you have turned on? wifi, gps, 4g, bluetooth?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Why my new Evo 4G battery last for only 3 hours and most of the time off?

Here's a link to battery saving tips for the HTC EVO.

Many of the tips are common sense. A big thing that almost everyone mentions is turning off the 4G and the "always on" mobile data.

GrandMaster

3 hours is still a bit weird. i know my battery life actually went up after that update. unfortunatly had to do a reset of the phone for this to happen...but it went up by a bit after that. wonder if this is the same problem or a combination of running apps and possibly this?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Re: Why my new Evo 4G battery last for only 3 hours and most of the time off?

It could be a combination of things. The things in the link should help to one degree or another. Hope this helps.

Journeyman

3hrs is definitely weird. Even at maximum usage via text, checking emails, and moderate calling, I'd get more than just 3hrs. And you're stating that the phone is off (idle) most of the time? That is a bit weird.

Journeyman

Wonderful post. This helped me alot. I had already turned some stuff off that didnt make sense, but that link up at the top showed me a few more. Cheers!

Journeyman

Avast, me hardies, what Ye be expecting from a battery such as the one His Majesty has supplied his peasants, what with the 4.3 screen and a GHz brain, we're lucky to get the time 'o day! I say we board the next vessel returning from the land 'o batteries and seize it for the people!!! ARE YOU WITH ME??? Let hoist a false flag and be on our way, me hardies, our batteries are draining as we speak!  --  E. Teach

Journeyman

uhm......... now thats just weird, and slightly disturbing.....

GrandMaster

*mental note. if ever in carolina DONT drink the water or make eye contact with the locals... end mental note*

=-)

Wizard

Great entertainment Sharon!

Journeyman

Ay, poor Sharon, locked below decks as she is, of our fair Queen Ann's Revenge, for want of a few milliamps of power. Pity her sponsor, the all powerful and dreaded Sprint didn't see fit to supply her with enough for the voyage. Now it is I, the feared Edward Teach, better known to you land lubbers as Blackbeard, who holds for ransom. Deliver six good hours of your power, or she walks the plank! Ye have been warned - E. Teach

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat