cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why to pay an extra $10 in 4G?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why to pay an extra $10 in 4G?

Im wondering why to pay an extra $10 in 4G if in my state (NC) there are only 3 antennas?

I think Sprint should deasable that feature for customer outside a 4G area... Im paying $10 for a service that I havent used and I think I wont use it

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
GrandMaster

lol worse case scenario jump in here and ask. you'll usually get quite a few answers. odds are any question you have has already been answered at one point or another. same deal. top right of the forum type in what you need. example "sd card damaged" and you'll get threads talking about it. might not be the same phone for some of them but the answer usually fits for most of the phones out there.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

True - checking the forums and going in a little more educated would prolly help.  K - done with this subject.  Time to find my next answer to another issue (checking forums now).

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was told by a Sprint Employee at the Sprint store on 41st St in Tulsa, OK that we were getting charged ten extra dollars a month because of all the extra data we would be using because of our phone being 4G.  He also told us 4G would be in Tulsa within a year.  I guess he was just misinformed.  Really sucks being stuck with Sprint and now being told 4G is not coming to Tulsa anytime in the near future.  Sprint feels like they don't have to care.

Journeyman

I would hardly call the ignorant salespeople at the Sprint store professionals.  They are exactly that....salespeople.  Most of them, at least in every single Sprint store (or any mobile carrier store for that matter), are early twenties kids just making some cash while they are in school.  This is the same reason I absolutely abhor having to talk to any kind of customer service or tech support rep for any company.  I have yet to come across a single tech support rep that new what the heck they were talking about.  This goes for everyone from Sprint, ATT, Tmobile, Dell, HP, Comcast, Toshiba, etc.  So again, they are not anything I would even remotely refer to as "professionals" and are more often wrong than they are right.  So in order to quote a great and iconic psychologist, as well as the great and iconic band that implemented his rhetoric, "Think for yourself.  Question authority."  You should ALWAYS be questioning what you are told.  Without questions comes no enlightenment.

And believe it or not....miscommunications do happen within large companies as well.  Memos get misinterpreted or a decision is made and then reversed that isn't supposed to be sent to the public but ends up going out anyway which causes confusion.  Either way, I shall just paste my response to this same topic from another thread and be done with it.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I would love for someone to take a  BB side by side with an Evo, on a 3G network, and compare how much  bandwidth they can use.  I guarantee you that the amount of data used by  the Evo will greatly outdo that of the BB based solely on the phone's  functionality and performance.  The people who want to argue semantics about 4G fee or Premium Data Fee are missing the point completely.  It's  like comparing a desktop computer from 10 years ago to one of today  (and putting both on a current broadband network).  They are both  computers (just like BB and the Evo are both smartphones) but because of  the difference in hardware and prformance ability within the two  platforms one of them is able to vastly outdo the other on a level  playing field.  Things like BB and Palm Pre are all smartphones.  Newer  phones like the Evo are computers that fit in your pocket.  You mean to  tell me that someone with a computer is going to be able to maintain a 2  - 3 GB data cap?  On a BB it is definitely possible (eventhough I  regularly used over 3GB of data on my BB Storm).  On an Evo?  No way.   My usage last month was over 7GB with my Evo....and that is lower than  some of the data usage numbers my friends have acquired.  So what is  Sprint supposed to do?  Are they supposed to just eat the cost required  to build and maintain enough cells to handle that kind of bandwidth or  are they supposed to charge you cheap people ten measly dollars to have  the ability to keep your unlimited data plan?  Believe it or not....the  bandwidth fairy doesn't just come from never  never land and magically  manifest bandwidth for carriers to provide.  More  bandwidth means  higher supply cost via increased cell towers as well as manpower to  maintain them.

If you don't like the $10 you pay for unlimited data on your mini computer then either get a dumb phone or switch to Verizon.  Either way, quit whining about it. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

CONCORDIUM - You've missed the boat here.  Although you make some valid points, and you can clearly distinguish between a smartphone and 'dumbphone', and can google cool quotes from bands/psychologists.... point is Sprint has advertised and offered a service, but isn't delivering.  Have they offered a cool Sprint-branded smartphone that is superior to other phones?  YES!!  I bought one, and yes it is fast and is capable of a LOT!  Have they offered TRUE unlimited data usage?  YES!!  OK, so - i'll take that and use it (I don't need to rant on how much data I use to try and make myself sound cool).  Have they offered 4G?  YES!  But wait, 4G isn't coming.... is it??  OH, IT IS?!?  When?  Damn... you can't tell me.  I guess we'll have to wait - or better yet - maybe it's OK because what I have now is so much better technology than 10 years ago.  So maybe it's OK if Sprint offers a service and won't be delivered until who knows when, because in all honesty it's all about how GOOD the 'phones' are NOW than back in the day....

HAHAHAHA!!!!  ....yeah right.  If they advertise 4G - give us 4G.  Period.  THATS what Sprint is 'supposed to do'.

....now get out from underneath Sprints desk!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat