cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-fi problems

Journeyman

Wi-fi problems

Does anyone know why my wi-fi connection may have stopped working? I'm using a new LinkSys wireless router. I still had difficulty connecting. I set up my Evo to use a static IP address and it started working without fail. Suddenly, tonight, it will no longer find my router. Thinking maybe the router had glitched (even though all of the settings are exactly as I had set them up) I powered it off and on to reset it. I'm kind of assuming that I did something to the phone, even though all of those settings seem to be unchanged. Just for grins, I powered the phone off and re-started it without any success. Can someone possibly shed some light here?

2 REPLIES 2
Master

Wi-fi problems

Are you using HotSpot Wi-Fi functionality from Evo?.HTC EVO 4G share both 3G and 4G data connections with up to 8 additional WiFi-enabled devices.I dont understand why you're using Linksys wireless router.Ifyou have HotSpot plan ie 29.99mrc for your Evo. You should be able to connect with correct profile(SSID & NETWORK KEY).

Journeyman

Wi-fi problems

I was using dhcp, but otherwise same thing with me, probably just today, april 13 too. Just can't connect anymore. I've applied all updates. I've cycled power on the router and the phone.

Called sprint technical "service". Seems that their support is limited to the wifi turning on. I was told they had no idea what wifi settings are compatible with their phones. They support their device, but not it's compatibiity requirements. They don't have any test mode, any diagnostic information, or any anything.

I have some wifi diagnostic apps on my device. The signal is detected and very strong. BSSID is correct.

We're Sprint Technical Support. Don't work? Don't know why. Have a nice day.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat