Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi "Not In Range"

Highlighted
Journeyman

WiFi "Not In Range"

Hello,

I've just received my new HTC Evo 4G LTE and I'm incredibly satisfied except for the fact that it can't seem to connect to any WiFi network I come across easily. Most every network will be listed as "Not In Range" or will appear so as I connect. Sometimes I will connect to a network yet will have no connectivity while other phones (like my father's Galaxy Nexus) and computers (a PS3, 2 PCs, and a Laptop) all work perfectly well. This has happened on multiple networks using multiple types of hardware and have all been verified to be working with other devices.

I will get the Not In Range status even when I am literally 2 steps away from the source.

Occasionally I'll leave WiFi turned on as I sleep, and wake up with it connected, but if I disconnect, I can not reconnect.

I'm running on the latest updates, I've updated my profile and I've tinkered with settings (like maximizing performance or enabling DLNA) to no avail. Could my hardware simply be faulty, and if so, how much would it run me to replace a phone that was broken out of the box?

Thanks to anyone who sees this question in advance to taking the time to at least read it!

2 REPLIES 2
Master

Re: WiFi "Not In Range"

Hello and Thank you for participating in Sprint.com Communities.  I would recommend, based on what you've posted, to take your phone into a Sprint Service & Repair Center.  There, the technicians will be able to hopefully duplicate the problem, hard reset and/or reflash your firmware to try and correct the issue.  If the problem persists beyond these trouble shooting steps, then your device will be deemed "defective." 

As for your replacement options, it depends on where and when you got the phone and whether or not you added our Total Equipment Protection. 

Tom

GrandMaster

Re: WiFi "Not In Range"

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/htc_phones/htc_evo_4g...

also you'll get quicker responces usually if you post in the forum that is dedicated to that particular phone.

and before you say it..no worries...it happens all the time within these forums lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat