cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi comes on by itself, anyone else experiencing it?

Journeyman

Wifi comes on by itself, anyone else experiencing it?

I just updated my replacement evo with the latest firmware, and am having the strangest issue... WIFI will turn itself on...

This didn't happen to the new device til I updated it...

I know its turning itself on because I will be watching Sprint TV(which requires WIFI to be on/not connected) and all of a sudden I'll get a message that SPrintTV cannot continue while wifi is on and connected....

This also hurts the battery life, because it'll turn on while the screen is off and I will not know its on and searching for a network..

ANyway just wanted to through this out there and see if its just me or an issue relating to the update...

thanks

Tags (4)
4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Wifi comes on by itself, anyone else experiencing it?

Yes, having the same issue. I regret setting up any wifi profiles which seems to be an issue.

Either you delete all your saved networks and disable wifi or your phone turns the wifi on randomly and attempts to kill your battery.

Samsung Moment with 2.1-1 firmware.

New Android update = FAIL.

Message was edited by: kutz3210

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is no one else experiencing this?  This would be very odd..

Journeyman

Ok I have found another problem that this causes..

Evidently you cannot not have wifi on at the same time as the hotspot router, so when ever the wifi decides to come on, on its own, the hotspot router will shut off... this is the most annoying thing ever...

Sprint Please fix this issue!

Journeyman

Ok so I have found the Culprit of this problem...turns out it was a third party app that was turning the wifi on...

I turned off the setting in the app, and Wifi now stays off til i tell it to turn on!

If anyone is curious, the app is Power Manager...

Once I changed the Wifi setting for the A/C powered profile, the app is perfect!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat