cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will The EVO get a better camcorder?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Will The EVO get a better camcorder?

I shot my first video on the EVO and it looked terrible. The Palm Pre does perfect video. Whats the problem?

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Will The EVO get a better camcorder?

Either something is wrong with you or the phone. 

Did you set it to 720p resolution?

Journeyman

no, something is wrong with sprints crappy htc evo. they have the stupidest excuse for a 720p camcorder out there. side by side, my evo doesnt compare one bit to the new iphone4 which only have 5mp. pretty sad sprint...

Sprint Product Ambassador

Odd - I find videos shot with the Evo to compare credibly with those shot with the Epic or Palm pre.

What specific issues are you having with the camcorder?  What quality problems are you encountering?

Thanks,

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

Incredibly slow reaction time to movement causing blur. I thought I had a good camera too until one day I went fishing with my buddy who has an iphone4 and after filming the same thing at the same time (pelicans flapping their wings), it was obvious that my 8mp camera/720p recording capabilities lacked in comparison to the phone I hoped it would blow out of the water. Read the link below, my iphone buddy sent it to me and it makes sense. What doesn’t make sense is how sprint/HTC could put something out on the market that is so cheap in quality. I’m not saying I like the iphone, and that those other phones u mentioned don't have good quality recording features, I’m just saying that side by side, evo's quality sucks!

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2010/06/iphone-4-vs-htc-evo-4g-samsung-galaxy-droid-x-camera-showdown.htm...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat