cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will there be a new Evo ?? Not the shift or 3D

Journeyman

Jus wondering if there is any info out there in regard to a new htc EVO 4G. ONE THAT IS NOT 3D or "The Shift Models"

I want an new EVO, and if it something does not happen soon, I may have to go back to Samung...who seems to be on a roll

9 REPLIES
Journeyman

Check out Radio Shack online, they got the best deal going.

Wizard

Hello!

No word yet. There is of course the EVO View, but that is a tablet, not a phone. Any new phone announcements will be announced (amongst other places) at www.sprint.com/newsroom

Journeyman

Thanks

Journeyman

would like to see EVO with direct connect

Journeyman

Re: Will there be a new Evo ?? Not the shift or 3D

I believe the IDEN/Direct Connect Technolgy is being phased out.

Sprint should proablaby use that IDEN Wireless spectrum for LTE.

I think we will be hearing something soon inregards to sprint switching over to lte-Long Term Evolution.

The Guys that created that tech also are responsible for 2g. 3g,hspa+

GrandMaster

supposedly a EVO plus is coming out. basically the EVO 3d minus the 3D abilities. same system. but where the 2D/3D button is it will be a switch between camera and video.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Re: Will there be a new Evo ?? Not the shift or 3D

Thanks, I did not know about the EVO 4G  Plus,I Would def go for that once it hits the U.S.

My only hesitation  in buying a new 4g phone from sprint is, I wanna see what they are gonna do inregards to switching to LTE or what.

From what I been hearing LTE is better than Wimax. I have not been to impressed with 4g in Los Angeles...it's way to spotty.Clearwire is trying to sell it's wireless 4g internet...forget that. it's not better than cable yet.

GrandMaster

im off in left field when it comes to knowing anything about that stuff. from what i was told it would be somewhat simple to switch phones to be able to run on LTE... personally i have no clue if thats true or not.

i AM however checking out a few of their soon to come out phones. so far the photon is looking pretty good.

either way i wait a month or longer for them to get the bugs out or at least read the forums and see what all is good or bad

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

also i dont know which big company sprint is working with..but rumor has it that theyre going to be dealing with one of the big boys for their towers and such.

again only rumor..but that was from a tech. so you never know lol

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.