cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will you stand in line for the EVO?

Journeyman

Will you stand in line for the EVO?

I was thinking back when the Pre came out and read in just about every forum out there about how many people were going to stand in line for it. i didn't plan on it but I did hop in my car and got to the store around 3am  and I was still 3rd in line! Well, it took a while but by the time the store opened 5 hours later the line was pretty long but I was in by 8 and out by 8:15, so not too bad, but a waste of time in the end because I didn't like the phone. I don't want this to be a repeat because I do plan on doing the same thing for the EVO.

I am wondering if Sprint is going to have a "Pre Sale" Day for Premier Customers because they do have it on the web site for  to sign up  to be notified when it will be released. ( I am hoping that is true).

So, anyone else going to lose a night's sleep? I am so excited I think I will!!

11 REPLIES 11
Journeyman

Re: Will you stand in line for the EVO?

omg the wife made me stand in line wih her for the pre this time I am gonna try and talk her into online ordering  I hate lines!

Wizard

Nope...  If I decide to move I will pre-order from Best Buy. No MIR and no hassles.

dd

Journeyman

maybe we will get lucky and MIR's will be  a thing of the past thier such a hassel getting them sometimes. If I added it up correctrly sprint owes me about 400 dollars worh of those.. never got mine for my mogul or ppc 6600 or 6700 as well as 2 or 3 dumb phones. Took me calling a month straight to get it for my moment and tp2.

Journeyman

Would be nice if they gave a email-heads-up-pre-sale-ad like they did for the Instinct phone.

Most likely paying full price, but I deserve to....

Journeyman

I am thinking from what my friend has sprint has told me is thier gonna let premiers order it a week before the offical release.

Wizard

No. Will order calling telesales

Journeyman

I am still not sold 100% on the pone but I plan on trying it. I just will miss my keyboard

Wizard

ajac09 wrote:

I am still not sold 100% on the pone but I plan on trying it. I just will miss my keyboard

I traded my TP2 for Hero. I only missed the keyboard for a couple of days.

You get used to on screen keyboard.

Journeyman

I'd rather stand in line at a Sprint store to upgrade my Hero to Android 2.1. I'm stuck with this phone till my contract is up or if I'm willing to fork out $500+ on another smartphone. No thanks. I love my Hero but good grief, running on 1.5 all this time while most of the nice and useful Android apps in the market run on 2.0 or higher which puts us Hero fans at the back end of the bus.

Journeyman

I didn't like the onscreen keyboard either at first on my Hero, but you do get use to it and that is why I am not concerned about the Evo, it will be bigger and should make it easier to type.

Journeyman

mxmarcus wrote:

ajac09 wrote:

I traded my TP2 for Hero. I only missed the keyboard for a couple of days.

You get used to on screen keyboard.

welll I use my tp2 on screen keyboard ALOT but hopefully the bigness of the evo will make it even easier to type. I been using the onboard one ALOT more lately not tot train myself but its easier to hold a baby and text lol

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat