cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YMAIL on HTC EVO -- Need assistance setting up account

Highlighted
Journeyman

YMAIL on HTC EVO -- Need assistance setting up account

Hi ~   Adding new email accounts is simple and Yahoo mail accounts are good to go with entry of Email and Password.  YMAIL accounts-- not so much...  Does anyone know how to configure a YMAIL account??   Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Wizard

sorry, never heard of YMAIL, but check their sites for information on settings for POP or IMAP.  you might have to go that route.

edit:  oh, didn't notice that you mentioned EVO, wrong area, but might be similar option there, too.

Message was edited by: badankles

Highlighted
Journeyman

FYI... ymail is another yahoo domain-- they have @yahoo.com and @ymail.com-- that's why I think it's weird that they wouldn't be configured similarly...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi EVO Fans... This works on my EVO with ymail...

Incoming Setting
User Name:User@ymail.com
Password: *******
Incoming mail server: imap.n.mail.yahoo.com
Mailbox Name: Yahoo
Mailbox type: IMAP4
Security(Ports): Off
Port: Default

Outgoing Setting
Email Address:User@yahoo.com
User Name:User@yahoo.com
Password: *******
Outgoing mail server:smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com
Security(Ports): Off
Port:587

Highlighted
Journeyman

This worked perfectly!  Thank you very much.

P.S. I do NOT have a paid ymail account.

Highlighted
Journeyman

do what i did, download the yahoo mail app from the andriod market. took 2 minutes to download, set up, and receive mail.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey hoskirr thanks for the post, I have a question I just tried the instructions you laid out and I still got the same message. When you say "default" for the incoming port, what are you refering too. I tried it seems it not working or I am doing something wrong.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat