cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

battery life

Journeyman

battery life

the battery life is horrible, i heard we can buy an extended battery for like 50 bucks, but i dont think thats right, we should get it for free

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

battery life

Arrrgg. -  E.Teach

Wizard

battery life

Yes you can get a new battery for about $50 on sprint.com that includes an additional back for fitting properly. You can also search online for other options.

What Sharon is so eloquently arrrggging about (lol) is that there are many things you can do to save your battery life that are listed in many threads within these forums. Type in Evo battery life into the search bar and read through a few. I have an Evo and currently get around 14 hours of battery life unless I use my phone more than normal and have had several occasions where I forgot to plug my phone in to charge overnight but it was still on in the morning. This phone gets the battery life you are willing to allow it to have. Turn off 4G, Bluetooth, GPS, and Wi-Fi when not using them. Adjust your backlight to a dimmer setting. Set your notifications to refresh only upon opening them or once an hour. Also be wary of applications because you may download an app that runs constantly in the background and not even know it is running. Test this by only downloading a few at a time and watching battery drainage for a day to be sure it is not draining battery power much quicker than normal.

If all else fails and you need to run everything on your phone all day, you can always do what E.Teach ( ) does and buy several batteries always charged or charging and keep them with you! LOL Hope this helps!

Journeyman

battery life

What the lady speaks is truth, your fate is in your hands. If you're wanting to truly follow the trim of your sails, there be an app to be had in the market place that will disclose all the no good skallywags taking your precious milliamps and clock cycles, such as they are. Look tor the sigh that days System Panel and you'll be knowing what it is that be killing you. But you didn't hear it from me. And if you can spare the silver, the paid for version be a right and proper thing. Owing to it's long memory of things past. - E.T.

battery life

ASARVIS1 wrote:

the battery life is horrible, i heard we can buy an extended battery for like 50 bucks, but i dont think thats right, we should get it for free

Yes we should get for free.  We shouldn't have to turn almost everything off to get through an average day ( especially on 4g).  That said I am quite happy with the extended battery.  I go through the whole day with a bright screen and regular email updates etc.  A little more bulk but worth it,  Rick

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat