cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i activate a virgin mobile phone as temp replacement for Evo?

Highlighted
Journeyman

i have been having an absurd amount of problems with my Evo lately and i dont have an upgrade for another year. i also do not have the money for a new phone, nor do i have the $100 deductible for a replacement thru insurance. A friend has an android Virgin Mobile phone she is willing to give me, and before i take her up on her offer, i want to know if it can be activated on my Sprint account until i can get a new Evo.

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

unfortunately no the Virgin Mobile phone can not be used as a replacement on sprints network due to Sprint runs on CDMA (internal sim cards) Nextel runs on IDEN that will only accept IDEN sim cards. i would see what craigslist or ebay has to offer for the time being until the deductible can be filed.

Re: can i activate a virgin mobile phone as temp replacement for Evo?

Aprillius,

What types of problems are you having with your EVO 4G? Since you were saying that it will cost you $100.00 to go thru Asurion, which means you have TEP(Total Equipment Protection), does your phone have any kind of physical damage? If not then you may just have to take it to any service and repair store. http://sprintstorelocator.com/. There may be something we can do to get your phone fixed at the store.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat