cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot connect to mobile data

Journeyman

I just activated my HTC evo 4g today, and I haven't been able to connect to mobile data.  I've been able to locate the switch to turn it on, but it just cannot connect.  I know I'm within range because a friend with the same phone is able to connect.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Master

Make sure that your WI-FI is turned off (menu-settings-wireless and network-turn off Wi-Fi) and I would suggest you to update the data profile (menu-settings-system update- update profile).Power cycle the phone and try to connect web. Let me know if you still having issue with you data.

Journeyman

did you set up a google account? if not, you need to start with that email included ,

Journeyman

I'll try that now and get back to you

Master

Email has nothing to do with the Mobile Data Services. Mobile Data has to   get provisioned with Sprint Network.

Journeyman

Thank you abe, it worked!

Journeyman

you have to watch for updates not only for your profile but also data. . I have the same phone an i love it, but some of theupdates mess with your phone so be careful call sprint an ask if there safe to download  thats  what i do

GrandMaster

most of the time even they dont know until we download it and report the problems.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat