cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data roaming on evo

Journeyman

data roaming on evo

I have data roaming off and sprint only selected and still have roaming data listed in the usage summary.  Does anyone else have the same problem?

Tags (2)
19 REPLIES
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: data roaming on evo

I would be interested in knowing the answer to this as well. I have noticed some data romaing on both lines on my account (Hero and EVO). It shows the data roaming usage, but lists the additional costs as $0.00 (which I hope is accurate).

I am just wondering what is considered data roaming and if we will ever be charged for it.

Journeyman

I would also like to add the same problem on my account. Recently i added my girlfriend onto my sprint account and changed into a family shared plan the any mobile anytime $129.99 plan. I've also noticed the service is not all too great on the Evo. Im hoping once 4G reaches where I live that problem will be solved. But in reference to data roaming I've also noticed the same problem when I log in to my sprint account. I checked sprint only also on her evo and still am noticing charges for data roaming. But the price is also $0. If there's any problems we can all just go to the sprint store and find out whats going on instead of waiting on the phone for hours for a customer rep to help us.

Wizard

It shows on my account (4,423KB/ 0 KB Included)

I disable the data roaming

Menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Data roaming (uncheck)

Journeyman

I just called Sprint and they said they are not charging EVO users for data roaming. I had a zero charge on my bill for it when it showed roaming usage also. The rep contacted their billing techs. I am keeping it enabled until I see otherwise since I use navigation to travel and don't want it interrupted because I hit a roaming patch.

Wizard

Good to know. I will enable it again!

Thanks

Journeyman

While that is good to hear, it's only really telling us half of the story.

I have a Hero on another line on my family plan that is also showing data roaming with a $0 price.

I would also like to get a better idea of what is considered data roaming as well as at what point will we be charged for data roaming. Also, why are some people seeing data roaming appear on their accounts when they have data roaming diabled on their devices?

Hopefully I will get a chance to call into CS this week.

Journeyman

This is exactly what i need to find out.  Roaming is off and sprint only is selected yet i still roaming data.  Now i know that we are allowed a certain number of mb of roaming data.  However, i want to know what sprint will do if i do reach that limit although i had no intention of roaming.  Looking at another forum, i saw a few people having the same problem http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=696073&page=88.  Hope someone from Sprint can give more details.

Journeyman

wait, theHTC EVO  Unlimited Network Usage (http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/33866?tstart=0) post says there's a charge for data roaming once you've reached the 300MB/mon limit.  i'm confused.

Journeyman

That's what the writing says, so i would believe that over a rep they says EVO owners are not charged at all for data roaming.

The bigger issue is the fact the many people seem to be rackup up the KB's on data roaming and would not be aware of it had they not checked their account online. I myself have not been more than 30 miles from my house since I purchased the EVO about one month ago. I'm wondering where I was that was considered data roaming.

Coming from another carrier I was used to getting a text for some sort of notification on my screen when I was in a coverage area that may result in additional charges on my bill.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.