Highlighted
Journeyman

dont like the 10 dollar fee?

http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm

complain to the fcc.

84 REPLIES 84
Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been a Sprint wireless customer for nearly a decade. The coverage has never been as good where I live compared to other providers. I've been the victim of two different billing errors that were horrible to deal with and took months to resolve (with my service being periodically cut off even with cases open). I've stuck with the company though.

The EVO was something that I've been waiting on for some time. It's very competitive to what other providers offer, maybe it will be the best for its time. I don't live in a 4G area and I won't likely have 4G here for years. This $10/mo. or $120/yr. fee just makes me angry. I certainly won't use 5GB per month, so why can't I pay for that amount of data and still use this phone? It wouldn't even matter to me if they deny me usage of the 4G network or speeds whenever I travel to those locations that actually have it.

If this $10 4G fee is required for people in my 3G situation, then I will walk away from this phone -and- Sprint. If they want to close the gap between their lower prices and competitor's higher prices, that's thier call. If I move to another provider, I'll be getting better coverage with similar phones. I'll end up paying more with other providers, even with the $10 fee, but that's the point where it will be worth it to switch for better coverage.

It's been an O.K. ride. It's certainly been eventful, but not in the good sense of that word. I'd likely stick with them if they allow me to use this phone without paying the fee while they restrict my access to 4G.

Highlighted
Journeyman

http://www.explainthefee.com

Highlighted
Journeyman

You know, I've been a huge advocate of Sprint for a long time now. Pushing their plans down to $70 a few months ago gave me even more reason to push their service. I've said it before, but I'll say it again. this $10 fee is BS. I'm sorry, but this one "it gives the user a richer data experience" is BS. Can I get the default data experience that the EVO I just shelled money out for gives BY DEFAULT? I'd rather pay $20 for better service on Verizon. Not to mention, the QiK application Sprint has been pushing is going to cost $5 a month extra for video calls (QiK video calling was a huge selling point for me at first).

I'd rather get the Incredible on Verizon (same as EVO minus the front facing camera and better battery life), and get better service. Not to mention the Doid Shadow coming out in July (speculation).

For all those people saying Verizon's 4G network is "non existent", good luck! EVERYONE, other than Clearwire and Sprint, have jumped ship from WiMAX to LTE. I may wait for my 4G network, but I'll have better 3G in the meantime and a better, more reliable, 4G network in much wider use by then.

Highlighted
Journeyman
Highlighted
Journeyman

Does anyone know if corporate discounts will be applied to the $10 fee?

Highlighted
Journeyman

The corp discount will NOT apply to the $10 fee.

Highlighted
Master

It should, All MRC's are eligable for the discounts, If they don't do it with the $10 fee it wil be something new and will upset a lot of customers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The TEP used to be eligible for the discounts but that was changed a while back.  They very well could say that the $10 "EVO TAX" would not be eligible for a discount.

I dont like the $10 "EVO TAX"

I know Sprint can do what they want.  Just come out with an "official" once and for all reason for it.  I'll pay it if it is for a legeit reason.  Premium Data Experience does not cut it.  I get that now on my Moment.  I got wifi tether and can use just as much data with out paying the $29 tether charge.  I get full web and can watch some Flash with the Skyfire browser.  I dont have to have the front facing camera since nobody I talk to now has one (or plans to get one).  But come out and say it, if that is what the $10 is for.  If it is a monthly charge to offset an upfront cost, then say so.  Dont say the phone is $449 - 150 (new customer/upgrade discount) - 100 MIR then charge $10 more a month.  Heck, let your current customers get the phone for $199 without an upgrade discount but pay the $10/month charge and many would see that $10 month be no big deal.  If not then come out and say the phone is $569 for one year or $689 for two years.

Just come out with the truth.  We can handle it.  Lying and cover ups are not in your/our best interest.

Highlighted
Master

The $10 Premium Data add-on and the $29.99 Mobile Hotspot add-on do not qualify for discounting, just like TEP does not qualify.

Highlighted
Journeyman

NYC Rumblings of a class-action lawsuit in Sprint's future...

Highlighted
Wizard

angelayala6000 wrote:

There are millions of Sprint customers who for one reason or another will not be buying the EVO,  who will be VERY happy with you if Sprint's response, in order to avoid the cost of fighting a bogus class-action suit, is to just raise the price of the plans $10 to everybody.

Message was edited by: IzzyKS

EDIT:

Since the post I responded to was deleted and my post edited to reflect that, I will just say that the original post referred to a class-action suit over the $10 fee.

Message was edited by: wasbakntyme

Highlighted
Journeyman

angelayala6000 wrote:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/29/qik-two-way-video-calling-on-the-sprint-evo-4g-is-free-premium/

According to their announcement, the PDP is ACTUALLY for "...some advanced Premium features that we are working on.."

So I don't get it, first 4G is free because it's actually "cheaper" to use. So by that definition, when you save money you're basically earning more for less resources, but that's not enough? So Sprint saves money running 4G however is already charging people a Premium service that is supposed to utilize these "wicked fast" speeds we are supposed to be getting. (Assumingly for 4G since I don't really see methods of improving 3G speeds that doesn't envolve a cost to them) The only method I could see them doing which isn't really criminal but wrong, is using the profit from the fees to fund 4G expansion, but if 4G saves money, why is that the case? We're obviously not funding your 4G expansion so you can provide us a service we are ALREADY paying for but not recieving, so where is the money going?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat