cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error msg. when trying to open contacts

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: error msg. when trying to open contacts

I have an HTC Evo 4G with the same problem.  The people app opens then Force close comes up whenever I try to access my contacts.  My contacts appear to all be there, but I can't keep it open long enought be sure. Any ideas? . This just recently started to happen.    that need to be a glitch some where,   because suddently is happening to a lot of people

Hey there pgallagher65

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you were able to get your device fixed? If the hard reset fixed it or not? Or if you had took it to the store? Please let me know.

Thanks so much. Talk to you shortly.

*Heather

Sprint Social Media Care

Good morning alsolution100,

Sorry to hear you are having this same concern. I've checked this morning and there haven't been any known issues reported for this device. At this time, we would just have to go through the basic troubleshooting and go from there. What have you tried so far? Let me know.

Talk to you soon,

*Heather

Sprint Social Media Care

Journeyman

Hello,

I believe this to be an update issue of some kind.  I am experiencing the same error message on my phone.  I have not downloaded anything new or changed anything except for pushed updates through Sprint.  I have been trying to figure it out for about 3 weeks or so.  That is when I first noticed it.

Lookig for help,

Tony

Hi there,

I have been doing research and looking into this concern with my co-workers as well. Can I please know what device you have? Also, what steps have you tried to complete so far? I would like to keep working with you to get this resolved.

Thanks so much for your patience,

*Heather

Sprint Social Media Care

Journeyman

Hi Heather,

I had to deal with a family issue that took my attention away from my phone issue, however I'm back at. I am ready to do the hard reset, I'm not sure what I'm supose to do though, I do have my contacts synced up on my gmail. So I'm good to go there. I want to get this hard reset done so I can get back to using my phone normal again. It really has put a restriction on how I interact with my phone! So, Please let me know what my next step is going to be.

Thank you,

pgallagher65

Journeyman

Hi Tony,

I have been dealing with this issue for about three weeks also, I was beginning to think it was an update issue also, I originally htought it was from a mp3 music download app that I was using, when I noticed the problem, however when I uninstalled the app, it didn't fix the problem. So my guess is that it's possibly a update issue. I ready to do a hard reset on  my phone, hopefully, by doing that I won't have it happen again after my hard reset. If you figure out what the problem is, please let me know! Thanks, PGallagher65

Highlighted

Good morning,

No worries. I understand family emergencies. I also want to get this figured out for you. Lets give the hard reset a go. That is the next step in the troubleshooting process. Please private message me on here with your phone number and pin code to your account. I will get the lock code and provide you steps to perform the factory reset. Then we'll go from there.

Thanks so much for your continued patience. We'll get this figured out.

*Heather

Sprint Social Media Care

Journeyman

Hi Heather,

I have an HTC EVO 4G.  As I had stated in previous post, I have not down loaded anything new..  The only thing that has gone on is the updates from Sprint.

With that said, I ended up resetting my phone to enable me to store new contacts and modify existng.

I hope this information helps in solving the issue as it may happen again unless someone has found the cure.

Tony

Journeyman

Hi Heather,

We have success! I've done the hard reset, and I'm able to use my phone contacts now! Whoo hoo! I didn't lose that many contacts, However, I did lose some. Not a big deal I had synced it with my PC and my google account, so between the two I've got them all. I was double, tripled backed up! Thank you so much for your patience and help! You were great! And I am back up & running!

Sincerely,

pgallagher65

Good morning,

This is great to hear. I'm glad that worked for you. I'm the same way. I have my stuff backed up in like 3 or 4 places. HAHA Feel free to reach out to us if you ever need anything again.

Take care,

*Heather

Sprint Social Media Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat