cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

evo news

Highlighted
Journeyman

evo news

has anyone heard of when the Evo is coming out?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: evo news

I was told today by Sprint (take it with a grain of salt) that they are holding back the release date due to ongoing testing of it. They do not want to release a date yet in case they find more bugs.

Journeyman

It is understood within the Evo forums that the actual release date will be announced this Wednesday at a "coming out" party in New York that Sprint has scheduled. The anticipated dates for release range from 5/23 through 6/13.

The FCC has passed the Evo from inspection (just released on 5/7. The FCC inspection requires all parts of the phone to be final and in operation. This means that all testing is completed on the phone to this point.

Please go to the thread dedicated to rumors on the Evo release for more info. http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/28612?tstart=0 (We don't want to fragment all the information into a bunch of threads.)

Thanks.

Journeyman

If I had to make a logical guess, I would say the first week of June. I say this because on May 27th I will be getting my EVO from HTC at a training that day. Anytime, whether it was the PRE or the Hero, the phone came out days later. Sprint would never put a phone into a Preferred Retailers hands for more than a few days, that I'm sure of.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat