cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

frustrated with insurance on damaged evo

Highlighted
Journeyman

frustrated with insurance on damaged evo

I miss my Evo!  After phone dropped on pavement, screen was damaged on 7/21.  I filed a claim in a local sprint store on 7/22.  They said usually next bus day shipping.  After paying the $100 ded., I still have not received a phone which I heard would be a refurbished phone.  I called today and they told me they still do not have any and would be 10 more business days.  This is ridiculous!  Very disappointed.

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Journeyman

That phone is in so high demand that it wont be that fast and yes you will not get a new phone.All phones when you break yours with insurance is refurbished.Now its new but it is not like from the factory.You will never get a new phone unless you buy another from the store.Thats how it works I know I had the samsung instinct and that phone was horrible I was going threw 7 phones in one year.It was horrible.And I recieved a phone with out paying but nothing was broken on it like the glass are nothing thats why I did not have to pay.But no phones will be new,unless you buy another one.All will be refurbished with insurance.But you can say its new cause it has been fixed.So You should not have a problem.Only problem you will have is getting another one in time for you to have one.This is the best phone out there.No one can get this phone unless they wait.Demand is just to high!

Message was edited by: lilynn1

Highlighted
Journeyman

How can there be refurbished phones already, when most people can't even get new ones?  Isn't a refurished phone a broken or returned phone that they rebuild?  Sounds like they are going to fix your phone and send it to you.

My suggestion is to ask they waive the $100 or credit you for the service not being as stated (or even as obligated?).

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sometimes you will get a new one.  It depends on what they have when you put in your claim.  I saw a post on another forum where the person got a complete new one in a retail box.  Wait and see what you get, you might just be surprised.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i had a problem with my evo as well but when i went in to a authorized repair center they told me that they would replace it with a brand new one. However, unfortunatley its the white one. My advice for you is to go to a few sprint repair centers to see what they can do about getting you a new one istead of a refurbed

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow.  I also dropped my evo and cracked screen, my bad.  Filed online claim and was notified that the white evo was in stock and would ship to be to me in 1-2 days.  Of course phone did not come.  Called Asurion and rep said it would be 3-5 days.  Still no phone after 5 days.  Called back and was told would be 5-7 days.  No phone after 7 days.  Called back and was told it would be 7-10 days.  At this point I was upset with being lied to by Asurion so I called sprint.  The first sprint rep told me it was an Asurion problem and they were not responsible.  During this call I found out the 100 dollar replacement charge had been added to my account even though no phone and the charge was for submitting the claim, not getting the replacement phone and thus non-refundable.  Supervisor at sprint then tells me it is my fault for dropping the phone and I should be upset with Asurion or HTC not sprint and they would not be able to offer a solution or take the 100 dollar charge off my account until I received the replacement phone. I googled the phone numbers to all sprint executives and left voicemails on all numbers about issue.  About an hour later, a rep from "Asurion Office of the CEO" called me and told me I would have the replacement phone in 2 days max. Now, even if I do get the replacement phone, sprint is out.  Hey sprint, I know I dropped my phone.  I realize you did nothing to make me drop it. I also know now that sprint does have the absolute worst customer service in the cell phone business.  Looks like I will be ebaying my replacement Evo, paying the 200 dollar sprint contract cancellation fee and going back to ATT.  My current plan costs 126 dollars per month so that's a revenue loss of around 1,500 dollars for sprint in a year.  Today I convinced a co-worker to go with Verizon instead of sprint so that's a 3,000 dollar revenue loss to sprint over a 2 year contract.  I will try to get 1 person a week to not choose sprint so even at a 70 dollars a month plan, after a year, I can impact sprint to the tune of around 87,000 dollars over the 2 year contract for all these lost customers.  Cool phones are great, treating your customer's with respect is priceless.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Would you mind giving us those phone numbers, please?

Highlighted
Journeyman

BTW, for future reference, check with the credit card company you used to buy the phone. Mine (both AmEx and Citi MasterCard) provide 90 days of accidental damage, and extend the manufacturer's warranty by one year for any product bought with their credit card. No deductibles and no charge for the added insurance.

Highlighted
Master

bsc3212 wrote:

Wow.  I also dropped my evo and cracked screen, my bad.  Filed online claim and was notified that the white evo was in stock and would ship to be to me in 1-2 days.  Of course phone did not come.  Called Asurion and rep said it would be 3-5 days.  Still no phone after 5 days.  Called back and was told would be 5-7 days.  No phone after 7 days.  Called back and was told it would be 7-10 days.  At this point I was upset with being lied to by Asurion so I called sprint.  The first sprint rep told me it was an Asurion problem and they were not responsible.  During this call I found out the 100 dollar replacement charge had been added to my account even though no phone and the charge was for submitting the claim, not getting the replacement phone and thus non-refundable.  Supervisor at sprint then tells me it is my fault for dropping the phone and I should be upset with Asurion or HTC not sprint and they would not be able to offer a solution or take the 100 dollar charge off my account until I received the replacement phone. I googled the phone numbers to all sprint executives and left voicemails on all numbers about issue.  About an hour later, a rep from "Asurion Office of the CEO" called me and told me I would have the replacement phone in 2 days max. Now, even if I do get the replacement phone, sprint is out.  Hey sprint, I know I dropped my phone.  I realize you did nothing to make me drop it. I also know now that sprint does have the absolute worst customer service in the cell phone business.  Looks like I will be ebaying my replacement Evo, paying the 200 dollar sprint contract cancellation fee and going back to ATT.  My current plan costs 126 dollars per month so that's a revenue loss of around 1,500 dollars for sprint in a year.  Today I convinced a co-worker to go with Verizon instead of sprint so that's a 3,000 dollar revenue loss to sprint over a 2 year contract.  I will try to get 1 person a week to not choose sprint so even at a 70 dollars a month plan, after a year, I can impact sprint to the tune of around 87,000 dollars over the 2 year contract for all these lost customers.  Cool phones are great, treating your customer's with respect is priceless.

The insurance portion of Sprint's TEP is provided through Asurion. All insurance replacements are ordered through Asurion. Asurion runs the insurance replacement programs for every major carrier and many manufacturers.

Sprint, AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Palm, Alltel, Boost Mobile, CellularOne, Clearwire, MetroPCS, Rural Cellular, MobileProtect (iPhone), Telus, Time Warner, and Cox.

If you are having an issue with an Asurion replacement program, it must be taken care of by them. I see customers say a lot that they are going to switch carriers over Asurion not sending them a replacement phone, etc. but in actuality Asurion essentially has a monopoly on the entire system in the U.S. Every major and many minor carriers use Asurion and it is the same system. The monthly cost, deductible, and terms will vary slightly from one carrier to another, but Asurion is the same company between them.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, I did receive a replacement EVO and it was new and have had no problem since.  I was very frustrated too b/c I got the same run-around with Asurion and many calls later finally received it.  I will stay with Sprint because I have been with them for years and have never had any problems and quite the opposite - have always had great service with this one exception.  I have heard so many bad things about ATT would never switch to them.  I do love my EVO!

Highlighted
Journeyman

what phone number did you use to get in contact with Asurion? The only number I have is 800-584-3666 and I can NEVER get a real person to answer. It is always a recording that spits the same info at me everytime and then disconnects the call. I have contacted Sprint about this and they will not give me another phone number nor will they help me with this. They always say it is an "Asurion problem and they have nothing to do with it." I am growing frustrated and I NEED MY PHONE!

Highlighted
Master

That is the only number for Asurion, I have never had an issue with them answering there. You can go here and track your claim.

http://www.phoneclaim.com/sprint

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat