Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i free up memory on my evo

Highlighted
Journeyman

how do i free up memory on my evo

I keep getting notifications saying that my phone storage space is low.I've moved my apps to my SD card & it hasn't helped.I've cleared my internet cache & cookies & it hasn't helped either.the crazy thing is when I go under settings & manage applications I've even erased some of my apps which I don't have alot of & I'm still continuing to get the notifications.how do I take care of this problem?somebody please help me with any & all suggestions.even in the phone storage setting it still says that I have space available.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Master

Evo comes with 1Gb ROM build in, so that means your phone either has used most of the space it has or you might have a corrupt ROM. Make sure that what you move to the micro SD card is the big programs, it's better to move 4 programs 3 - 5 Mb each then 10 programs under 1Mb. Also make sure you delete any pic that you might have moved to your PC, or videos, specially if you have taken HD videos.

If that is not the case, LAST resort will be to back up your programs and everything else, and do a factory reset hopefully that might reset your ROM.

Good luck on that, hope this helps

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted

Go to menu>settings>manage applications>running then click on all programs you are not using/needing and hit force close.  Hope this helps, Rick

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's RAM you should be concerned with and the Android OS is supposed to shift unused apps out to make room for active ones. Either you have something taking up the 450 MB of RAM left after the OS and cache take their space, or you've got a very large cache going on. Having unused/dormant apps on memory is not a bad thing, Android takes very good care of memory management. I would look at what you've got on cache, coz the OS usage is more or less fixed and unless you're running some monster program, cache is all that's left.  Good luck. I wish I could be of better help, but I've never run into this message in almost a year of EVO usage.  --  Sharon

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sometimes text messages can take up a lot of space if they have photos attached.  It might not help, but worth a try.  My nephew sends and receives about 10K texts a month, and that can really add up.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Another thing to do is make sure to clear out your trashed email on your phone. The phone actually saves them in a "trash" folder until you empty trash.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat