cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

htc evo 4g voicemail help

Journeyman

My htc evo 4g voicemail notification icon will not clear and I do not currently have any voicemails inbox or pending? What's wrong with my phone? How can I fix it.  I have tried to access voicemail notifications by call the voicemail system but that does not work.

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: htc evo 4g voicemail help

did u get it resolved? im having the same issue now

Journeyman

I've had voicemail issues since the last "maintenance release" (which was not related to maintenance in any way  but, instead, was simply Sprint shoving apps down our throats).  Voicemails don't always download on their own into Visual Voicemail so you have to call in to get the message.  The notification stays there even if you delte the message and usually goes away when the mesage is downloaded.

Journeyman

CaptPuget wrote:

I've had voicemail issues since the last "maintenance release" (which was not related to maintenance in any way  but, instead, was simply Sprint shoving apps down our throats).  Voicemails don't always download on their own into Visual Voicemail so you have to call in to get the message.  The notification stays there even if you delte the message and usually goes away when the mesage is downloaded.

I'm having the exact same issue. I'm in Columbus, Ohio and for at least a week now, my visual voicemail has been buggy as heck. It often tells me there is a message that can't be downloaded. Sometimes it downloads the message (usually only after I hit menu then retry download) but then I still have to call in to delete and make the icon go away. My theory is the release of the Shift has something to do with this. At any case, I want a fix and no, I'm not calling worthless Sprint customer service so they can make me do a hard reset. I love how thats their cure all for all issues.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's their cure because it works.

Something you guys can try is a battery pull with the phone still on- leave it out for a minute, then fire it back up.  If not, then you can try going to Settings->Call and see if it'll let you clear the notification (sometimes it's greyed out).  Otherwise, go to Settings->Update Phone and do a PRL and Data Profile update.  You can also check for a VVM update under its settings.

Journeyman

I had this problem and the battery pull worked for me. The phone updates did not. Thanks Namos!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat