locked out of phone

Journeyman

locked out of phone

i forgot my pattern.  how can i unlock my phone

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Master

Re: locked out of phone

The only way to gain access to the phone is to keep trying it will ask for your gmail address and password if that does not unlock the phone you will have to do a reset using the keys   the procedure is as follows

•     Evo

o     Remove/Replace the battery.

o     Hold the Home, and Volume Down buttons at the same time.

o     Use the Volume Keys to go down to and highlight Clear Storage. Press the Power button to select it.

o     Press Volume Up to confirm it.

Remember this will delete information off the device contacts  text messages email   applications and will remove all customization

Journeyman

on my evo htc i am locked out and it is asking for my gmail password i type it in but nothing happens and i recently log in to my computer and changed my password also tried it on my phone screen but does not work

so im trying the technique i sen on here  about holding the home button and the volume down button

i would like to know when exactly do u hold those buttons one wat screen to do it?

i tried that technique but does not work , i dont know when to use it ,i take my battery out and put it back in and try that button hold but again nothing happens and how long do i have to hold it for help thanks

Wizard

I recall reading something about being able to go to your Google account (with a computer) and there's a place to click when you forgot your phone passcode to unlock it. Not real sure how or IF that works. I'd Try That First!

Otherwise, people, Please be careful when giving instructions like above post! It's not the Home and Vol. Down buttons. Here is the right way:

Please note that all  data will be deleted from the HTC EVO 4G as a result of this procedure.  This process does NOT delete data stored on the microSD card. We  recommend backing up all of your personal data before proceeding.

1. Turn the power off. If your HTC EVO 4G is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
  2. Hold the Volume Down button
  3. Press and release the Power button
  4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
  5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
  6. Press and release the Power button
  7. Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

If you selected YES, all data including third-party applications will  be deleted from the HTC EVO 4G. Once the wipe is complete, the phone  will reboot to its factory fresh state.

Wizard

Thank you MGman61, I can confirm these are the correct steps.

I'm curious as to what you had read.  Almost sounds like you were talking about Google Captcha which is used to release your account if the password that you know is correct is not working. 

CAPTCHA is a technique for determining whether gmail is being accessed by a real person or a robot. It is meant to protect your account and gmail in general against hackers who use automated programs to operate hundreds or thousands of accounts.

You could be getting the CAPTCHA for a number of reasons. It could be something wrong with your email program that is causing it to access gmail too frequently.

https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat