cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

main camera - pink screen

Highlighted
Journeyman

main camera - pink screen

I have recieved the latest update (3.29) and ever since, anytime I start the camera app the screen goes all pink.  You can kinda see through the pink fuzz and see that the camera is TRYING to work (i.e. you can kinda see what you're pointing at).  I can switch to the front camera and everything is fine, but if I switch again to the main camera I see the pink again.

If I snap a shot it actually takes a pink picture, too.

I have searched around android forums, etc and seen a few people have this problem but haven't seen any solutions.

Any suggestions?

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: main camera - pink screen

Oddly enough, I opened the camera application when I woke up early yesterday morning in an almost pitch black room.  To my surprise, the main camera started working just fine and has worked fine ever since.  I'm not sure if it fixed itself, or just needed some darkness... for... something... no idea.  So far so good.

sheldon

Highlighted
Journeyman

im having the same issue. Its really wierd.

When you turned it on the day later, was it after you charged it fully? did you keep it on while it charged over night? Im just trying to figure it out cause i use the camera a lot and dont want to have to buy a new phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't think it was after a full charge, no.  I did leave it on all night, but it wasn not charging if I remember correctly.  I normally charge it in the afternoon at my desk at work.  The only thing different about that morning was that I was up very early and it was still dark.  Opening the camera app was the first thing I did.

I hope yours clears up like mine did.  I haven't had any issues since and have used the phone like crazy.

When you started having the issue, was it outside or in a very bright place?  Mine first started on a very sunny day outside when I was trying to take a picture in bright sunlight.

sheldon

Highlighted
Journeyman

Pink Screen on Main Camera

I had the same thing happen yesterday. I bought this phone for the camera. I use it all the time. It had been 24 hours since the last use. I turned it off/on, still pink. Then I took out the battery, waited 60 seconds, replaced it, turned it back on and it appeared to return to normal. I'm now worried about the image quality and the camera application. It was ONLY the MAIN camera and not the secondary camera. Since then my touch screen on the phone has had poor response. Is the pink screen an indication that the unit is degrading?IMAG0152.jpg

Highlighted
Journeyman

wow!  That's exactly what mine did!

I haven't noticed any degraded quality, or slowness in the application since I had that issue.  Knock on wood - I haven't seen the issue return since that one time either.

I would like to hear something from somebody who knows about these things though as it is obvious that multiple people have had this issue.  Thanks for the post.

sheldon

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had the same issue with mine as of yesterday 2/1/2011.

I went into the Sprint store today and was literally in there for about 5 minutes to figure out what the issue is. It isn't necessarily software. On some EVO's, the camera can get slightly dis-attached from the circuit board/phone itself. What the Sprint Rep did, was slight press on the metal red ring around the camera, and the psychedelic pink went away! He said he has seen phones do that before and that's mostly the correct fix for them. I hope this helps! Saved me some hassle of getting another replacement phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

thanks ChrispyGuy!  That's helpful info.

sheldon

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you Chris!

I had this same pink screen issue. Pushed on the camera lense and hear a "Click" Must have been loose like you said. No problems so far and the pink screen is gone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Getting same issue, just had my phone replaced because of a cracked screen and now getting this pink camera issue.... I'm going to try to push on it and see what happens!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you so much, it worked!! You have no idea how long I have been trying to get this fixed!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey buddy I had the same thing happen to me and guess what I think I have the fix for you, MAN the EXACT SAME THING!!! YOUR CAMERA IS LOOSE. ALL I DID WAS PULL OFF THE BACK COVER AND PUSH IN MY CAMERA A LITTLE BIT AND VIOLA!! I NOTICED THAT WHEN I HAD THE CAMERA ON I SOMEHOW ACCIDENTLY PUSHED THE LENS IN A LITTLE BIT AND NOTICED THAT IT CLEARED UP AND WAS LIKE HEEEEEYYY! I WAS JUST ABOUT TO SPEND MONEY TOMORROW TO REPLACE CAMERA, GLAD I DON'T HAVE TO NOW!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat