cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multi tasking restarts phone

Go to solution
GrandMaster

unlike some others, i have only noticed that my phone will restart itself while multi tasking (playing music and trying to say play a game or answer a text) processor just cant keep up with that kind of stuff or something else?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
8 REPLIES 8
Wizard

Re: multi tasking restarts phone

fireguy_6364,

There is a known issue with a very small number of HTC EVO 4G's power cycling under heavy CPU load. I know you (fireguy_6364) know all the basic troubleshooting steps, but listing for anyone else experiencing this and reading this thread, if you've already power cycled by pulling the battery while it's on, tried performing application refreshes by going into Menu > Applications > Manage applications > select the ALL tab and select the applications your using when it happens, and a hard or factory reset then I would suggest taking your phone into one of our service and repair locations; we have a specific list of diagnostic troubleshooting steps to determine if your device is one of the devices being affected by this.

GrandMaster

unfortunatly the repair center here doesnt have any way to run diagnostics on phones. they have helped quite a bit in the past but thats kind of like going to a automotive repair shop that cant actually do the repair lol.

its rare that i actually get any restarts with my phone. but i did notice that it happened soon as i taxed it with multi tasking. which i never tried with the phone until then..which was pretty cool while it lasted lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

fireguy_6364,

That location you're going to isn't a corporate repair location but they are listed as a repair location and the diagnostic tools I'm referring to are accessible from the market, it's just a matter of following the steps listed on our internal known issues site which they should have access to, I will call them when they open in a couple of hours and verify that though and let you know, because if they do I can link them the direct instructions via an eTicket to make it easier.

GrandMaster

actually since you mentioned the market. are there any apps that run a diagnostic on the phone? performance checks and such?

funny part is a couple of the techs in there have evo's. two are rooted and the third isnt. shows how often i have spoken to them eh? lol

Highlighted
Wizard

fireguy_6364,

Yes, there's quite a few actually, if you just search for benchmarking or performance monitor, there should be a lot that come up. There's various test out there depending on what your wanting to test, like CPU or GFX. There's also a couple of testing features on the phone itself such as the * # * # 3 4 2 4 # * # *.

GrandMaster

pulled up that last one you mentioned that is already on the phone. showed a pc and i believe a router? said rx:0 tx:0... said to myself "uhm.....yah..." then backed out of it lol. i think i'll leave that to someone with more know how than the average user lol

Wizard

fireguy_6364,

I just spoke with the lead service and repair tech, named Mark, he is aware of the troubleshooting steps and understands what to do, I'm going to send you a private message with an eticket number to make sure we get everything taken care of.

Journeyman

Hi Shane...

Am having same issue with my phone. I bought it last year (on July) and started restarting since 5 months back... I went to the store but they said they can just restart everything, the did it, the delete everything, just keeping my contacts etc and I told them that the issue was another one but they said they didnt know about it... So, they did that and my phone still restarting. Am really upset cause sometimes am having my GPS on and it restarts.. What should I do ? My husband has same phone and same issue.

Thanks.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat