cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with my sd card

Highlighted
Journeyman

problem with my sd card

i was using my phone when i notice a notification saying that my sd card had being removed, but my sd card still was in the phone, i restarted my phone and now its asking my if i want to reformat my card and if i do all data will be lost, what should i do why did this happend i dont want to loose all my information, pictures and other important files

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Wizard

problem with my sd card

A file may have corrupted the SD card.  If going into menu>settings>sd and phone storage>unmount>mount doesn't help, I would suggest plugging your phone into your computer and copying the files from the SD card over if it reads it, if not you'll need to plug the SD card directly into your computer if you have a card reader built in (adapter to increase size required), then reformat the card in the phone menu and dump files back onto SD card. If problem persists, you may need to start removing any applications or files you've downloaded one by one to avoid total file loss...

Highlighted
Journeyman

problem with my sd card

Thank you for the advice I will try it hopefully it will work

Highlighted
GrandMaster

problem with my sd card

hold off on reformating it for a bit. put the sd card into another phone and test it. power cycle your phone without the sd card in it. then put it back in. might have to do this a couple times. it has done this to me a few times. from what i found out it has something to do with files on your sd card. usually when using apps that allow you to move and make new files it ends up causing this. even though no files are corrupt. i didnt reformat my card and its been fine for about 6 months now. if there IS a corrupt file i was told you can plug the sd card into your computer with i believe win7 and above and run a test on it. if there is a bad file it will fix it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

problem with my sd card

actually i had it happen to me last night. i pulled my sd card and put it into my other non smart phone. pulled up my pics since i have ALOT of them. cleared out alot of the ones i have been wanting to get rid of anyways. i only deleted maybe 4 or 5. put it back into my phone and now its fine again. it happens when you have to many files or to many things in a folder. RC1024 got ahold of the sd card makers and found out this lil tidbit a few months ago. no matter the size of the sd card. 8gb or 32gb there is still a limit on folders and sub folders you can have on them. wild guess but youre either using something like astrofile manager or your computer to move files and such around. cant remember what thread or forum we talked about it in but if i remember right the limit is exactly the same no matter the card size. which kind of s.ucks if you ask me.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

problem with my sd card

Thank you guys , I wish I knew all this but I tried a SD card reader and I think it fried my card because when I took it out it was very hot ,  so now my SD card don't work at all..:-(

Highlighted
GrandMaster

problem with my sd card

give it a while to cool down and then retest it. not sure why it got so hot unless it was in there for a while and ALOT was being done with it.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat