cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about connecting to my pc

Highlighted
Journeyman

question about connecting to my pc

i must be crazy but when i try to interact with my pc via the usb cable 'normal style' NOTHING happens except that my computer tries to recognize the hardware.  has anyone else not instantly gotten the 'connect to pc' dialog box?

Tags (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Master

Re: question about connecting to my pc

Actually you need to specify the connection type or for what you are trying to connect. Once you connect the usb cable to the computer, if you pull down your notification bar, you should specify: Charge only, HTC Sync, Disc Drive, or usb tethering. If not, your pc will keep looking without doing anything. I hope this helps, if not, please specify it even more what you need to do.

P.S. Another way to change default connection is by going to MENU - SETTINGS - CONNECT TO PC  - DEFAULT CONNECTION TYPE.

Good Luck

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.

Re: question about connecting to my pc

You may also want to make sure your USB debugging is unchecked on device.  The way you find this is to go to home page, menu, settings, applications, develpment and USB debugging.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat