cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"ghost touch" happens after update!!!! Please help!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

"ghost touch" happens after update!!!! Please help!!!

Ever since the ota update yesterday I have been experiencing problems with my touch screen. The screen is registering a touch when I am not touching it. It seems to be happening in the same place on screen. I did not have this problem before the update. Since then, I have uninstalled all non stock apps! This problem still persists! In landscape mode, the  "ghost touch" happens on the mic button when sending a text. What should I do?

11 REPLIES 11
Journeyman

Re: "ghost touch" happens after update!!!! Please help!!!

Try recalibrating the screen, and if that does not work... there is always the factory reset.

Journeyman

Mine started doing this also.  It seems to be getting worse as the day goes on.  It just started doing it really bad.  I tried recalibrating my screen and restarting it but that didn't help. 

Journeyman

I did the factory restart or hard reset. It did not work! The ota update did actually do harm to our phones.

Journeyman

Well that's just great!  Well I guess it's back to the store for me. By any chance do you have an Invisible Shield on your Evo?  I was wondering because I do and just had a thought that for some stupid reason if you update and it feels a slight miss application of one if it would think that it was something pushing in that spot.  I have a couple spots where I messed up the application of it and that's where it is pushing which is right on that weather widget.

Journeyman

I did have a screen protector on there. It was a protector that clings to the screen due to static charge. I thought that it might be the problem, so I took it off. There are still a "ghost touch" problem that starts up randomly. It looks like I will be returning to the store too!

Journeyman

Well I just got back from my store after 2 visits.  The first time it took it forever to happen but the guy seen it so I lucked out and he just recalibrated everything (which i did last night) and did a soft reset.  It wouldn't do it again so I left and it started happening again, very badly, so I went back. This time he did a system reset and I couldn't get it to happen again.  So if it starts doing it again, I'll be right back in there and getting my phone replaced.  I wish I could be more help but it seems like we're the only 2 people that this is happening to.

Journeyman

I finally went into radio shack to explain the problems with my phone. All they needed was the receipt today in order to order a new phone. Once the new phone comes in, I need to bring back the phone, receipt, and box. I will then get a new phone. They need the hbox to get credit for the phone, but if you don't have the box, they will use the new box with the old phone. Did you have any luck?

Journeyman

Yes and no.  I got put on a waiting list until today to get a new one but none ever came in.  Now I have to go back to the repair center and get a refurb because I am over my first 30 days which I think is kinda crappy because it should fall under the manufacturers warranty and I should still be able to get a brand new one but oh well I guess.  As long as I get a working phone then I'll be happy.

Journeyman

That stinks about the refurbished phone. I am not sure which one I am getting. I assume it will be a new phone. Since the problem started before you 30 days, can't you argue that you should get a new one? Either way, let's hope our replacements work well!!! I can't wait for froyo!!

Journeyman

You are not the only 2 people. I am also struggling with the same issue. I got mine from Bestbuy, still under 1 month period. The lady suggested me to wait until a day less than one month to get them restocking (not so lucky), if not go to nearest Sprint store and let them know that best buy cannot do anything due to unavailablity.

This is really sucks.. For the past 20 days i didn't enjoy my phone at all.

What was the final result from you guys??

Journeyman

I had to get a new phone. I got mine through the shack which turned out to be a mistake. It took 2 weeks to get a new phone. I would advise you to pressure best buy to put you on the top of the list for a replacement. It is thier job within the first month to replace your phone with a new (not refurbished) phone.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat