Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

second Evo with microphone problem/breaking. coincidence?

Journeyman

second Evo with microphone problem/breaking. coincidence?

As stated above, I'm on my second Evo for what I thought was a faulty microphone. I don't and didnt have either phone hacked only downloaded a few apps from the Android market. Only thing I can possibly think of is I use my phone to play Pandora internet radio when driving, by using a simple male to male audio cord to go into my cars AUX input. Is it possible that doin this messed up my Mic? In somehow my phone thinking that I was connecting a headset with a Mic? My patience is running thin with this phone, I love this phone but I won't use it *obviously* if I can't make phone calls. Any ideas? Help would be MUCH appreciated.  I've tried every form of testing the Mic from every voice search, dial whatever to get it to work... even a Hard reset.

Tags (4)
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: second Evo with microphone problem/breaking. coincidence?

Good luck getting a second replacement handset. I've been jumping through hoops for three weeks trying to get my second defective EVO replaced. I even had one in my hand and they decided I wasn't worthy. "Do you know how long it would take to recoup the cost of two EVOs?" And "Do you know the odds of two defective EVOs in a row?" Really! Welcome to the new Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I to am having the same problem with my Evo.  I bought first one online and had it sent to me.  I had it for a month and the microphone was deemed faulty.  My problem was taken care of but not after jumping through a few hoops and talking to a few people who had no idea what they were talking about.  None the less, I love the phone.  I was taken care of and a brand new one was given to me in replacement.  However, now a month has passed and this phone is also having issues.  I have had about 10 people over the last week tell me they are having trouble hearing me.  So I listened to my phone from a friends and what it sounded like.  There was about a 2 second delay and it sounds like I'm half a mile from the phone.  Very choppy and broken.  This was all done with another Android phone and a land line so so issues of signal lose.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had my EVO 4G for a month and I take very good care of it.  The microphone appears to be defective because I now sound unintelligible and demonic on the phone.  Because of that, I can no longer use the phone.  They said they would replace it, but they are 1-2 weeks back-ordered.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got my EVO 4g roughly 10 days ago and had this problem with the mic. I tried switiching off, taking out battery, waiting couple minutes (all sorts of non-sense) hoping the mic would work, but all in vain.. After looking at this post I called up sprint customer care and requested for a replacement. They asked me to get the phone checked at a sprint repair center and confirm that its a hardware issue before they could send me a replacement. Now that I went to the repair center, I found that its a hardware issue that cannot be fixed right away (needs a motheboard replacement for mic to work), and was promised a replacement. Hopefully I'll get one ASAP, but the idea that few people had problems with the replacement too scares me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having a similar problem, except I am not heard at the other end of the conversation at all. They can only hear static. My phone is not rooted or otherwise hacked. Just a few apps directly from Android Market. I think its because I'm a power-user and have to constantly charge the phone. It gets very hot and after reading the other posts, I think its overheating and damaging the motherboard. Am typing this from the phone now. Going to Sprint in the morning, hopefully I'll be treated a little better.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat