cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shutting off and on at random?

Patron

shutting off and on at random?

Is anyone having a problem with the EVO shutting off then back on at random?

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: shutting off and on at random?

YES...I encountered this problem right after the software upgrade was performed on 08.04.2010... I took it to the local sprint store and they said there was a defective software issue and they had to erase my phone and reload everything.   Well, my phone is doing the same thing again....It shuts off 5 to 6 times a day...

Journeyman

I experience reboots even after a factory reset, sd formatting, and cache clearing. In fact my phone rebooted 11 times in 10 minutes. It would have continued if I didn't pull the battery. The phone is rendered useless after less than 5 minutes of usage now. I tried to take it back to the retailer but they said they can only send it off for repair which will take up to 30 days.

What is wrong with my phone?!

Journeyman

I am having the same problem.... it has only been in the last month... so that could be from the recent upgrade but I am getting fed up.... I need answers!

Wizard

Take it back to the store and have them re-update it with 2.2 (not an over the air upgrade) and perform a hard reset.  This seems to be helping for some folks.

Journeyman

I ended up sending mine out to be repaired. After taking it to one repair center to find out they couldn't do what I needed and the other repair center being a long way off from where I live, I defaulted to send it out.

I have a loaner now... painfully dumb phone. I'm hoping I get my Evo back within 2 weeks.

Journeyman

But CLEARLY NOT HELPING for all folks............waiting for my second replacement Evo - why bother, this is clearly looking like a software issue - removing task killers, reformatting SD cards, reloading the update.......uh, please get back to the lab and figure out what is going on, and please try to do some QA with your software before releasing it to us! I am PISSED!!!

Journeyman

I have the same issue with my phone as well so when i went to the repair center they told me that i wasnt updated to 2.2 which might have been the issue. So they updated my phone, however, it did nothing so i went back and now theyre sending me a brand new phone. My suggestion is to demand a replacement and thats what i did. Hopefully it works out for you

Highlighted
Journeyman

http://androidcommunity.com/is-the-htc-evo-4g-plagued-with-storage-problems-20100531/

I had the same problem within the first 30 days of having the phone.  I took it back to the Sprint store TWICE and they had to purge the phone and reload everything.   Within 4 hours of the last hard reboot, I had the same problems.. No access to the internet, camera and really nothing else.  I found an interesting article on the Android forum..... I will paste the address... Once I let the emailed the store manager with this information, we was very willing to replace my phone with a new one..  My new phone is the BOMB!!!!!!!!!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat