cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sirius/xm online android app bug in 2.2

Journeyman

Anyone successfully running SXM online after the 2.2 update without the infinite loop bug?

Googled it and SXM app aware, working on a fix. Uninstalled and reinstalled, but still version 1.0.0 so same problem.

Worked OK on 2.1 except for the int dropouts from "data connection lost".

No other obvious problems after 2.2 update yesterday.

Had been warned that it would reset to factory defaults, flush everything including microSD card contents. Powered off, removed card, performed update, but all apps still present, Gmail settings present, Outlook exchange connector still functioning, just the new apps like flashlight. fReinstalled card and MP3s accessible by music applet as before.

No problems yet except SXM online, and much faster overall as advertised.

Was going to install Pandora and use until the new version is released, but saw that pandora is allowed access to contacts on the phone.

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: sirius/xm online android app bug in 2.2

Complain to the developers of the app. It simply doesn't work under Android 2.2.  I too use SXM, and am quite furious that the programmers are so lazy and incompetent that 1.) they designed an app poorly so as to not work on 2.2 and 2.) they have ignored the MONTHS of opportunity to test the app on 2.2.

See http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g/26697-froyo-sirius-xm-app.html for more info.

Message was edited by: vinniemac274

Journeyman

I had the same problems, but after a few days I got this fix from a sprint tech.

Here's the fix:

1. Dial  ##3282#

2. Then choose Edit mode

3. Enter password 241349

4. Now choose Advanced

5. Scrool down & change HTTP PD Proxy Port to: 0

6.  Also change HTTP PD Proxy Address to: 0.0.0.0

Now my Sirius App works just fine & so will yours. Good luck & make only these changes.

Journeyman

MRLEE2001: Thanks, that worked for me, although I needed to call Sprint for a different passcode.  My guess is the passcode will vary for each subscriber.

Message was edited by: RCTERPS23

Wizard

See this thread for more info on the streaming app problem: http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/258389#258389

Journeyman

Actually it's per phone, not account. If you get a new phone you need a new code. Bummer, huh? -- Sharon

Journeyman

I followed this plan with the exception of having to call sprint for the code to my phone. Everything else was followed to the letter and my Sirius app worked immediately. Thanks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I called Sprint customer service *2 and talked to a tech support person.  I just asked for my MSL and was on the phone for less than 2 minutes.  I followed the steps described above and it worked instantly.

Keep this info and your msl, in the event you need to switch it back.

http pd proxy port:  8085

http pd proxy address: pd.vog.sprintpcs.com

GrandMaster

actually now they have a somewhat permenant fix they will push to your phone without having to do any of that yourself. same deal. call in and ask for the streaming audio/video fix. if that person doesnt know what you're talking about just tell them it's a known problem and have them transfer you to someone else.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

You can also call sprint technical support and we can send a mediastream refresh to your device and this will resolve your issue as well. 1-88-211-4727 or *2 on mobile.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat