Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sprint buy back???

Journeyman

sprint buy back???

Well I was jst wondering,if I sell my phone to sprint and I saw online (here in their website) that they offer 150$ for an HTC evo 4g I was wondering,if I sell it for the sprint account credit or whatever its called what can I do with it??

Any answers greatly appreciated,I'm new here

15 REPLIES 15

I utilized the sprint buy back program and what they did is credit my acct. for $150.00.   My acct. balance was higher than that (the $150.00) but I don't know what they would do if it would have been paid in full or if I was terminating the acct.  Do any Sprint rep's know??

Journeyman

If your account was current at the time you initiated the buyback, you would have a service credit overage of $150 on your bill when it gets applied; meaning Sprint owes you $150, which for me that would mean a whole 1.5 months of not having to pay my bill! As for doing the buyback if you were intending to terminate your service altogether, I'm willing to bet Sprint could cut you some sort of check in the mail, or perhaps cash you out at a corporate store. Not 100% sure on that though.

To initiate the buyback, the easiest thing to do would be to go into any sprint store. I believe they all participate in the buyback program. I haven't heard of a  store that doesn't. You can always use sprint.com and the "find a  store" link on the top to get a phone number of nearby locations to find out for sure. You can do it online if you want, in which case they would mail out a prepaid envelope to your address, which you would return the phone in. But mail takes too long and is unreliable in my opinion.

Sprint Employee

Hello, The Buyback program requires a new or existing customer with an account in good standing. so if the account is canceled, disconnected, or otherwise not in good standing credits may not be applied. and if your balance were lower than the credit earned in the buyback program then the balance would carry forward. and right now if you use the buyback program you could win one of 6 Vespa LX-50s!

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Anyone know how long it takes for the credit to appear?  I sent my old Hero in and was supposed to be due a $40 credit, yet I have never seen it.  Sent the phone in 4-5 months ago.

Journeyman

Well what im trying to say is let's say that I sell my phone,to sprint and they give me the 150$ for my phone, can I use that money or credit to let's say buy a new phone??

Journeyman

Yes you can. When I upgraded to the new 3d phone I had a $150 overage on my bill for the Evo 4G that I sold back. I was charged $200 for the Evo 3D, which will be applied to my bill next month. So essentially I paid $50 for the 3d phone because of the buyback credit. So yes, you can do that, but only by having whatever new phone you want billed to your account, which is the easiest thing to do anyways. Gives you breathing room until u get paid again.

Journeyman

Mann, thank you so much!, I'm gonna go tomorow and maybe get the 3d I've been having too many problems with my evo 4g and,thanks again you saved me from going to radio shack and sell it there

Journeyman

No problem. I am loving my 3d Evo. It's a great thing to use on women at the bar to start up a conversation!

One thing I do like to tell other Evo/Android users about.....If you have ever used this android program called pdanet, you can download it for your evo (also have to download it onto your laptop/desktop) and u will be able connect to the internet on your home computer or laptop anywhere, anytime, for no additional charge using your phone. I canceled my local internet service. It's that good & fast! No real noticeable difference between it and hard wired internet. I think the download speed is a little slower, but it's not painfully slow. It's free anyways so who cares you know? It's so sweet man!

Journeyman

To hsmoen, I'd call *2 customer care about that issue. It shouldn't take more than a billing cycle.

GrandMaster

the BIG question though...do you have to re up your contract if you get the new phone and use the evo for the credit? if i can avoid that it would be awesome

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

If you want let's say the evo 3d for the promotional rate of $199.99 you would either need to be a new customer, or add a new line. If you don't fit into that category, you would have to pay the full price of whatever phone you want.....but you can save up $150 on an upgrade every 22 months as a non-premier or sprint premier silver customer. If you're a premier gold customer you can save $150 on a phone once every 12 months instead of 22 months. This would be in addition to any buyback you are eligible for on your old device. Buyback credit on your old phone would stack with whatever upgrade discounts you can get.

However if you would just prefer to get a new customer line discount on phones in addition to your buyback credit, I know a couple of ways to get out of Sprint contracts early, which allows you to open another a few days later and get new customer discounts & promotions. Probably shouldn't discuss that kinda stuff  openly on here though. If you want email me at [......] and I'll  tell you what I know and tell you what I can do and have tried that's worked in  the past (when I get my evo 3d for $199) for me.

Message was edited by: mapesy who removed private information

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat